Join our mission-driven organization, where your work matters and a diversity of ideas and backgrounds are welcomed. AbleTo is the leading provider of high quality, technology-enabled behavioral health care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high-quality care and offer a suite of technology-enabled services to empower people to lead better lives through better mental health. A proprietary platform connects individuals with AbleTo highly trained licensed providers who deliver weekly sessions by phone or video supported by an integrated digital experience. Members also have access to mental health coaches, and digital support programs. Our outcomes-focused approach is proven to improve both behavioral and physical health and lower medical costs.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer on the Self-Care product team you will contribute to application design and development, setting a high quality bar for the other engineers on the team. You enjoy working closely with product managers, engineers, designers and clinicians on your team to define, estimate and deliver on major initiatives. You ensure systems and patterns are well documented and understood throughout the technology organization. You stay curious and embrace a growth mindset, mentoring a talented team of engineers. As part of a distributed team, you help foster an environment of mutual respect, empathy, and transparency.
What You’ll Do:
- Write clean, modular and efficient code on both the back-end (Ruby on Rails and node.js) and front-end (React).
- Raise the quality bar for each release through well-tested code and collaborative code review.
- Quickly evaluate new patterns / services using light coding spikes.
- Enhance coding standards, developer documentation, and knowledge transfer to new or less experienced developers.
- Design and implement efficient and reusable solutions driving complex web and mobile applications.
- Identify technical debt and refactor code when appropriate.
- Optimize performance of existing and new applications.
- Work closely with product managers to scope and design new features.
- Identify accessibility and UX risks and drive their remediation.
Who You Are:
- You care about code quality and know how to operate in a dynamic, high performing team without sacrificing quality.
- You are a collaborator. You build and maintain strong, working relationships with members of your team.
- You build iteratively, honing in on the smallest incremental change that delivers value against a larger technical vision.
- You know how to transform complex business logic into clean, reusable backend and frontend services
- You care about the customer, with the ability to turn sketches into functioning prototypes, and prototypes into lovable features
- You hustle. You don't need to wait for people to tell you what to work on.
- You are empathetic. You seek to understand each individual’s diversity of background and experience to build great teams.
- 5+ years of industry experience writing production code.
- 3+ years of experience building applications with Ruby on Rails or similar frameworks.
- Expert knowledge of React
- Strong experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with node.js
- Ability to write clean, scalable/modular code
- Strong written and in-person communication skills with an ability to mentor and work collaboratively.
- Strong familiarity with agile practices (Scrum, Kanban).
- Experience working with offshore development teams
- Nice to have: Experience in mental health or healthcare.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company. We want you to show up and feel your best at work, and that means respecting your time outside of work. Our inclusive, flexible workspace prioritizes a work/life balance. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive health benefits (for full-time employees), and professional perks such as 401K matching, fully funded
HRA, and generous time off, including mental health days because your well-being is important to us.
At AbleTo, we’re empowering people to get better and stay better. Want to join us? Take the next step in your career by applying for this role today.