We’re looking for a Frontend Engineer that has a passion for building and owning a great product with high-end customer facing features, internal tools, and experiences that help us and our customers become smarter. You have a proven track record of writing clean and performant code with emphasis on user experience.
As a Frontend Engineer at Agrando you will support us in the development and maintenance of our trading platform and its respective stakeholders (farmers, retailers, producers).
- You will make technologies or frameworks like Jest, Storybook (our own component library) and SASS work for you and expand them to help the team.
- You will improve the UX and UI together with our Designers and guide them in their implementation efforts to align the product to their design philosophies.
- You will directly influence decisions supporting our DevOps, Analytics, Design, and Product departments while keeping yourself in sync with the Sales & Marketing team.
- You will be given an opportunity to learn and grow yourself in a friendly team environment that is using cutting edge technologies to change the world.
What you should bring
- Great communication skills, ability to work in an agile team and workflow experience (git-flow, scrum, etc.)
- 2+ years proven JS work experience in a professional or institutional environment (including usage of node/npm/yarn)
- Demonstrable experience with Vue.js (or at least one out of the following: Backbone/Ember/Angular/React)
- Experience with Nuxt and Vuex a plus
- Experience and understanding of build tools, such as Webpack and Babel
- Demonstrated facility in an HTML/CSS/SASS/LESS environment
- Considerable experience with frontend testing (such as Jest)
- Experience with GraphQL a plus
- General understanding of core computer programming, distributed systems, logic & cloud infrastructure
- Open-mindedness and an attitude that encourages nurturing your skills, learning new ones while at the same time passing on knowledge in areas you excel
- Passion for writing quality, high-performance and maintainable code following best practices by heart
- Farming experience (just joking but having played Farming Simulator 2019 does count)
What we will bring
Agrando is an independent SaaS trading platform for farmers and retailers. Our vision is a borderless network of farmers and retailers - no matter what size or region - who work together to overcome current and future challenges of digitization.
Our core features include digital channels to trade agricultural inputs and in-depth data analytics and benchmarking functionalities about individual trading economics. Agricultural trading today is characterised by analogue and cumbersome processes and a fundamental lack of transparency. We are creating a future for farmers and retailers in which they are able to share data in an anonymous and secure way, work together and do business smarter.
Flexible: We have a non-clock-watching culture and while the job is at our Munich Office we are very flexible when you want to work from home on occasion.
Events Around the Globe: Not only do we host internal Team Events, but since we are an aspiring AgTech Startup you can join us on various Trips, Conventions, Conferences (We are regular visitors at Vue.js Amsterdam and it always has been a total blast), Tech Fairs, Trade Shows and other Events around the World, related to our business or the technologies involved.
Make a Difference: In the end we try to save our farmers money by purchasing agricultural inputs more cost-efficiently, which in turn can save farms with less revenues than production costs from bankruptcy (e.g. coming from low milk prices), while at the same time enabling private suppliers to compete and advance in the digitized agricultural trade of the future.
Advanced Training: At Agrando we believe in nurturing our skills through proper knowledge management and personal development. We encourage our employees to learn, teach and improve also through advanced trainings, workshops, (hosted) meetups or other external activities and provide them with the best resources (Books, Coachings & Trainings, Udemy for Business, Nanodegrees from Udacity) for free.
- Weapons of choice (MBP etc.), Qualitrain (subsidized sports), Coffee & Beer,
- Organic Fruits & YumYum Soups, Switch & XBOX360 Gaming
- Weißwurst breakfasts (Max Muniger Gold - best weißwurst in town)
- Agrando summer & winter parties
- Mandatory Agrando-Tables at the Oktoberfest & Frühlingsfest
- Frequent team events like Breakfasts, Bowling, Biergarten, …
- Team weekend & party to get together with our Prishtina Team in Kosovo