You'll be working within the Web team at the heart of ASOS Technology. Our goal is to create the ultimate customer experience through inspiration, engagement and excitement in the fashion industry. We achieve our goals using cutting edge technologies at scale to always be ahead of our customers’ expectations.
We work closely with Product Owners, our Analytics and UXUI teams to build the ultimate experience for our fashion conscious 20-somethings.
We're looking for highly engaged and passionate engineers to join our Web team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to apply and enhance their skills in a fast paced and dynamic environment, where no two days are ever the same.
What we're looking for
- Strong skills in HTML5, CSS3, with knowledge of modular css techniques and atomic design
- Experience using Node.js for server side rendering, building micro services or micro frontends
- Familiarity with building automated acceptance tests including Cypress, Nightwatch or WebDriver.i
- Working experience of writing unit tests using Jest, Jasmine or equivalent in a TDD manner
- The desire to craft software using engineering fundamentals like SOLID, KISS, DRY and YAGNI
- Comfortable using Git / Github and working with PRs
- Experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery and embracing DevOps to build and maintain pipelines
- Understanding of the importance of Security within the DevOps lifecycle
- Knowledge of building and maintaining user interfaces that support multiple devices and browsers
- Following best practice to improve the performance of web apps to enhance the customer experience
- Affinity with implementing and testing code that complies with accessibility standards
- Recent experience of working with CDNs and cloud technologies (preferably Azure and Kubernetes) would be beneficial
- Comfortable using monitoring, analytics and MVT to understand how customers use the site and to identify any problems they encounter
- Experience of working in cross-functional agile teams
- At ease with agile & lean practices including XP and pair programming
- Mentoring, knowledge transfer, supporting and upskilling other engineers
Our business is fast growing and our engineering teams are responsible for the websites and apps that power ASOS. Our website receives over 150 million visits per month, reaching out to more than 18 million active customers.
At ASOS, you will have the opportunity to join a group of highly talented individuals who are at the top of their game and set the best practices in everything they do.
In return, we can offer you large scale, high performance and complex problems to solve to keep you busy. If that's not enough, you can get involved in initiatives across the organisation to improve and contribute to the evolution and culture we're striving for here at ASOS.
We’re brave, creative and authentic; we’re extremely ambitious and thrive on the individuality and diversity of our amazing employees. Our values encompass everything needed for our tech people to be the thought leaders of tomorrow.
- Competitive salary with company performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- 25 days of holiday plus one extra day for your birthday
- Generous staff discount and weekly sample sales
- Modern office and great collaborative open spaces
- Free gym onsite with treatment facilities
- Subsidised canteen and cafe
- Option to buy company shares
ASOS burst onto the scene in 2000 and now has 9 country-specific websites, shipping to 240 countries.
Our Head Office is based in London, along with several other key offices located around the globe, including the US, France, and Germany. We have 80,000+ product lines with 3,000+ being added every week. We have over 3.2 million visits daily and over 13 million active customers.
Our ambition is to be the world’s no.1 online fashion destination for 20-somethings, therefore it is vitally important to us that we continue to attract top talent across the globe to help us realise our goals.
We look for people who are:
If you want to work in a place where fashion and technology make perfect partners, check out some of our opportunities and get in touch!