Awesome opportunity for a full-stack web application development expert with a focus on Laravel and a real passion for software engineering to join a successful and globally respected company. Flexibility to work remotely in a European time zone, with a friendly and capable team.
Award Force is a fast-growing Australian SaaS company, with our flagship B2B product serving hundreds of clients globally, and millions of users, and growing.
Our team is fully remote, distributed worldwide, set-up with all the tools to collaborate effectively across distance and time zones. Our engineering team is in Australia and Europe— we’re currently inviting you to apply, to work from your home office or co-working space within the EU region.
We're looking for an engineer with core strengths in Laravel, database design, and software engineering and architecture. You are a well-rounded engineer, with expertise in server-side technologies and frameworks, as well as experience working with a suite of Amazon Web Services, including EC2, RDS, Cloudfront.etc. You also have a passion and care in building phenomenal solutions to help support our growing client base.
We will provide you with project requirements, UX wireframes, UI design and direction, and be able to implement capably and confidently, with help and advice from senior members of the team.
We are an equal opportunity employer whom values diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We want the best person for the job. Is that person you?
- Located in EU time zone / You’re located anywhere in Europe.
- 5+ years commercial experience in a software engineering / development role.
- Have worked with Laravel on commercial projects.
- Finesse – attention-to-detail, robust code and pixel perfection. You will be expected to carefully implement complex requirements, utilising proven architectural patterns, security, and performance.
- Passion – for the internet, open-source, computing, devices and people (we're a people-centric company). You’re keen to develop elegant solutions, continuously improving your skills and projects that you work on.
- English fluency is a requirement.
Experience and capabilities
We're more passionate about enthusiastic, fast learners, eager to continuously learn and improve skills, with a care and real passion for people and technology, than somebody that can tick every one of these boxes - ideally you have a mix of many of the following:
- Software architecture skills in PHP and most importantly, Laravel
- Experience with AWS services: S3, EC2, RDS (MySQL) & Cloudfront
- Experience writing unit, integrated and acceptance tests
- Implemented UIs with clean, semantic HTML5, CSS3, SASS, grid frameworks and responsive web design
- Used to Git, collaborating with other developers and working with other people's’ code
What we offer
- Full-time role, based remotely, work anywhere in Europe
- Competitive salary, indexed to your experience and location
- Friendly, sociable, responsible, collaborative team (a great place to be)
- Lots of training, excellent internal support and coaching (a great place to learn)
- Regular communication with global team via chat and video calls
- Dynamic, young, growing tech company leveraging all the latest tech tools and leading industry trends
- Stable, bootstrapped, independent business (no VCs calling the shots)
- Your birthday is a holiday every year
- 20 days paid annual leave
- 12 days paid public holidays (your local country/region public holidays)
- 38 hour work week, Monday to Friday (your weekends are yours)
- Budget for computer equipment (pending 3 month probationary period)
Award Force is the industry-leading cloud software for organisers of awards, grants, scholarships and pitch competitions to manage submission, evaluation and award of results, online.
We provide the platform to accept and manage awards entries/applications, allocate them to judges/evaluators who then do their judging online, all the while providing organisers clear visibility on how their program is going.
Since launching in Australia late 2013, we’ve had an outstanding market response and we’re now supporting a growing list of clients across Asia Pacific, Europe, North & South America and the Middle East.
Award Force is a beautifully designed, high quality system and we make sure all our clients have a fantastic experience!
Our growing team is distributed across 24 cities in 15 countries, mostly working from home offices. We use a range of internet-based tools for communication and collaboration that help our teams work closely over global distance and time zones. We’re an energetic group of intelligent, creative, international people, driven by high standards and are passionate about creating and delivering an exceptional product and service.
How to apply
Submission is via the Award Force system only, the application will take you about 15-20 minutes. Applications from outside the system will not be considered.
Ready? Please go to https://www.awardforce.com/careers for details for details.
Award Force is an equal opportunity employer. We are a growing business made up of professional, like-minded, mature individuals who celebrate diversity, work in an ethical, discrimination free environment, value continuous improvement and support environmental initiatives.