About the role
We are looking for an industry leading Full Stack Developer with strong PHP experience to join our Technology department. You’ll be someone who loves innovating, problem solving and wants to be at the forefront of transformation. We are constantly developing new and cutting edge scalable solutions and we need a best in class developer to push boundaries, work at pace and never take no for an answer! You’ll be playing a key role within our team as we build solutions and concepts to further our ongoing global expansion. As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You’ll be a team player who will be working closely with our Product Designers, Product Managers and UX team to build original and adaptive applications that ensure optimal experiences for our customers. This is an exciting opportunity to join an evolving team both in technology and process and this role will be an important part of shaping our innovation and in implementing these changes.
You’ll get the opportunity to utilise a variety of frontend technologies to build scalable products to pave the future of Bark and enhance how we solve complex online problems. You’ll be involved in every aspect of the process: idea generation, business analysis, technical and architectural design; as well as software development using the latest technologies and design pattern. You’ll be a key contributor in the development and decision making of how we undertake new projects so we need a best in class developer with an entrepreneurial spirit to push boundaries.
- Work with development teams and product managers to conceptualise and implement software solutions
- Build compelling front-end of applications through appealing visual design briefed by our product and creative team
- Understand SOLID principles
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write internal and external APIs for our exponentially growing base of users
- Design and code solutions for systems with 1000s of transactions a second
- Build beautifully responsive apps for our desktop, tablet and mobile users
- Work with our data insights team to transform the TBs of data we have, into insights we can use to revolutionise the product
- Ability to achieve goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Some of our benefits
- Share options in a rapidly growing company whose founders have a proven track record
- Private health insurance
- Monthly socials and massive parties
- Fully stocked kitchen and weekly team lunches
- Be at the forefront of an industry with new and exciting problems to solve!
Required skills and experience
- Experience working with PHP (5 or 7) in a production environment
- Practical use of CSS, preferably with frameworks like Bootstrap (or similar)
- Production MySQL experience
- Experience building and styling a responsive product to a design in a production environment
- Strong organisational skills
- Analytical mindset with numerical aptitude
- Eagerness to learn more
- Prepared to roll the sleeves up
Desired skills and experience
- Good PHP (PHP 7) experience with a framework (Laravel, Symfony, Zend, CakePHP etc)
- Experience building, maintaining, testing and documenting APIs to be used by other developers both internally and externally
- Experience with other data stores like ElasticSearch, MongoDB or similar
Bark is a fast-growing online service marketplace. We’re experiencing hockey-stick growth, have over 1 million customers and are profitable & cash generative.
We use cutting-edge technology and an extraordinarily talented team of people to solve an age-old problem; how to find the best available professional for any job, every time no matter what the need.
Bark is a dynamic, exciting, early stage business – but with the financial security of an established company – so you get all the benefits of working in a start-up environment (ownership, agility, responsibility and stimulation) without any of the worry.