Join us on our journey to overcome the worsening labour shortage by replacing the antiquated processes around hiring blue-collar workers! We’re building the ultimate platform to make the whole process from finding candidates to processing payment as simple and transparent as possible. Backed by notable investors like Y Combinator, we have a good shot at shaking up this >$1T a year industry.
BuildStream is now looking for a hands-on full-stack Engineer (Laravel + Vue) to help us expand client facing functionality of our current product. You will be working directly with Adam (Co-founder, CPO) on solving problems for our early customers and getting to product/market fit.
We like to move fast, deploy often and be flexible based on the latest learnings. If this sounds like the environment you would thrive in, apply now!
- Have 3+ years of experience building web applications
- Enjoy working independently, taking on a project from 0 to 1
- Care about solving real problems for real people
- Can communicate clearly and you are open to new ideas
- Manage your schedule efficiently
- Bonus: You worked in an early stage company before
- Work remotely from anywhere in EU + UK
- Freedom and high pace of an early stage startup
- Backed by YC, MINI and other notable investors
- Sizeable equity for early employees
Current Tech Stack
- Back-end: Laravel 8, PHP 8
- Front-end: Retool (Plan to migrate to Vue + Tailwind early next year)
- Database: MySQL
- Deployment: Laravel Forge
Our CEO, Terry, previously worked in construction and engineering and saw first hand how inefficiently supply chain quality is managed on projects of all shapes and sizes. The results can be catastrophic (ever heard of the BP Gulf of Mexico oil spill?)
Adam, our CPO, was previously a Head of Product at Hubs, a manufacturing marketplace which recently sold for over $280m. He manages our remote development team building our online platform which aims to automate the hiring process for independent inspectors and auditors.
We've recently raised our seed round ($1.7M) from notable marketplace founders and we are planning to grow rapidly. This is a great time to join BuildStream if you want to have large impact on the future of the company.