A rare opportunity to leave your creative mark on a global, highly successful company. Help us design, shape and grow our industry-leading brands ranked 5252 of all global websites, and events on 4 continents serving over 6000 attendees a year.
You love solving problems through code. Have crazy ideas and you’re not afraid of implementing them. You’re a master of JS, HTML and CSS, you’re are obsessed with best practices and are UX driven.
C4Media is looking for an experienced Frontend Developer based in Europe, with a passion for user interfaces and frontend technologies, for working remotely from your home office to join our growing team.
- Work closely with our design and backend team in an iterative and feedback-driven process, to develop new user-facing layouts and features using clean, performant HTML / CSS / JS.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize code for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI designs
- Provide recommendations for design implementation
Skills and Requirements
- Very good technical portfolio
- Experience working with JS frameworks (Vue, React, React Native)
- Good understanding of UX principles and best practices for both web and mobile
- Familiarity with Sketch, Figma, InVision or equivalent application(s).
- Good verbal and written English communication skills.
To be considered you must
- Have the ability to attend weekly stand up calls and status meetings via video conference
- Have a home office or similar arrangement from where you can work on a daily basis with a reliable internet connection (>6mbps)
- Be analytical and have attention to detail
- Be able to travel internationally 3-4 times a year
- Being based somewhere in between GMT and EET time zone.
Bonus Points for:
- Having a good aesthetic eye and be comfortable iterating on design concepts to create new layouts and UI elements without explicit design instruction.
- Experience working with Sass/Stylus
- Git knowledge
- An awesome team of highly motivated individuals with diverse skills and background.
- Operations in Canada, Romania, USA, China, Japan, Brazil, UK, Greece, and Argentina.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Visit a new country every year while attending our company meeting
- A 100% remote - work from home - team spread across 3 continents and a great company culture!
Software is changing the world. C4Media -provider of InfoQ.com and QCon conferences - is dedicated to serving the world-wide enterprise software development community with a place to track and facilitate change and innovation. All content published on the website and presented at the conferences is authored by industry practitioners. Our mission is to facilitate the spread of knowledge and innovation in the software developer community (since 2005).
InfoQ is a practitioner-driven global community serving the information needs of development managers, technical team leads, software architects, and project managers. Every day we create and share content in 5 different languages by developers for developers. With a readership base of over 1,000,000 unique visitors per month reading content from 100 locally-based editors across the globe, we continue to build localized communities.
QCon is a practitioner-driven conference designed for technical team leads, architects, and project managers who influence software innovation in their teams. QCon coferences are organized by InfoQ and they run 8 times/year in San Francisco, New York, London, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Sao Paulo, and Rio.