Who are we?
We are a young and fast-growing start-up from Utrecht focusing on the e-commerce and online marketing sectors. Channable was founded 6 years ago and developed into a company with an international team of over 100 young professionals. While you can still benefit from the start-up vibe, working at Channable also means being part of a professional company with a highly skilled Development team.
What will your role be?
The development department is divided into three teams: Infrastructure, DevOps and Product. If you want to read more about our development adventures, check out our tech blog: https://tech.channable.com/. You can also take a look at some of our open-source work at https://github.com/channable to get a feeling of how we work together and what our code looks like
You will be part of the product team, we are looking for someone who:
- Has an ability to think about requirements from customers or our own teams and finding solutions that have the most impact
- Can convert requirements into fully-fledged product features
- Collaborates with team members and improves the team as a whole
- Has an interest in applying new technologies and practices to a large existing frontend-end codebase
- Good experience with web development, web technologies and APIs
- Has a high bar for quality of code and user experience
In more technical terms you’ll be working on:
- Our Ember.js single-page application, Handlebars, LESS
- Our new website being built in React.js that is going to be closely integrated with our application
By using the following:
- Libraries: Ember.js, React.js, Handlebars, JSX, LESS
- Tools: Ember-cli, Node, Yarn
- Available for at least 4 days a week, preferably full-time
- Preferably citizenship or a work permit, or already living in The Netherlands
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- An informal atmosphere within our international, young, talented, and ambitious team
- A flat organization that is open to your ideas
- Great personal development possibilities
- A spot in our beautiful office in the heart of Utrecht, where lunch and much more is catered daily
- Great working conditions: hackathons, free massages, a PlayStation to fight afternoon dips, and Channable sports groups. Finish the week with well-deserved drinks with your colleagues at our own office-bar!
- Do you want to see more of Channable and your future colleagues? Check out our social media channels like Instagram and Linkedin!
Are you interested? Please apply by clicking on the "apply now" button below. You can send your application in Dutch or English. Marloes will call you for a first introduction, and afterward, you'll be invited for an online interview with Stefan (co-founder) and Marloes. A code assignment will also be part of the procedure. Your starting date is flexible, but preferably as soon as possible. You can start every 1st of the month, and our entire onboarding and training will be online.
Do you have any questions about this vacancy? Please contact Marloes (email@example.com).
Remark: The recent developments of the COVID 19 virus have led to worldwide measures. Channable is prioritizing the safety of its employees, therefore all face-to-face meetings have to be postponed. Lucky for you, we are skilled with video calling! This means you can still apply for a job at Channable, and we can have interviews through Google Hangouts or Zoom. Thank you for your understanding and we hope you still apply to work for us even though the process will take a bit longer!
Contact by job agencies and recruiters will not be appreciated. Each recruiter or headhunter who approaches us agrees with a donation of € 250,- for Make-A-Wish.