Codecademy’s Growth Team is responsible for driving user & revenue growth for the company via iterative experimentation. Our team is a nimble, multi-functional group of engineers, designers, marketers, data analysts, and a product manager working together to improve on all aspects of our website. We try new things and we learn quickly from our mistakes. The team works to develop new user acquisition channels (Referrals, Podcasts, etc.), optimize our existing channels (e.g. SEO, Paid, Email), increase subscriber retention rates, and improve our checkout process using a product development process rooted in metrics. You’ll be a part of a team that’s confronting difficult questions related to scale, architecture, and interaction.
What you'll do
- Build products and experiences people love: intuitive design, clear user experiences, and actionable data help us to create product features directly rooted in the wants and needs of our users
- Develop new web pages and new features in our React.js/Rails web application
- Take your ideas from concept to reality: use our A/B testing service to test different variations of our pages to experiment, iterate, learn and repeat
- Be a champion for developing and adhering to engineering standards within your team. We want to build high-quality software that’s easy to understand, easy to change and works the way it’s supposed to
- Work closely with our Product, Design, Data Science and Marketing teams to come up with new ideas and bring them to reality
- Put automated testing, tracking, and monitoring in place to ensure our website is always working as expected
What you'll need
- Expertise in HTML & CSS, with a knack for layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- You know your browser APIs well and taking responsibility for optimizing for frontend performance is a challenge you'll gladly accept
- Experience with frontend frameworks like react.js or angular.js
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB) and SQL (Postgres) databases
- Experience with containerization tools, such as Docker
What will make you stand out
- Experience building simple, efficient software with Go
- Excited about the opportunities and challenges of working on projects touching all areas of our codebase and associated microservices
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or engineering is helpful, but not required
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.
Codecademy has helped over 26 million people learn to code. Join one of the most exciting technology companies in New York that is changing the way we learn.
Millennials are highly-educated, tech-literate, and mission-driven. Yet seven years after the great recession ended, nearly half of young university grads are underemployed, meaning they aren’t working jobs that require a degree. And the situation has only recently begun to improve. This year US students will graduate with $37,000 in debt, only to accept unpaid internships and part-time jobs.
Meanwhile, software is eating the world, disrupting first media, publishing, and entertainment, and now food, transportation, and travel, creating millions of new technology jobs that companies are eager to fill. By 2020 there will be a shortage of 1 million more tech jobs than computer science grads.
We can be the bridge. We can help this generation gain the skill to fill these jobs and enjoy happier, more fulfilling careers.