We are looking for a talented Ruby programmer living in Japan or willing to relocate to help build and improve our payment platform Komoju, as well as services built around it. You will work with a team of skilled engineers at our Tokyo office in Kichijoji, in a supportive environment where all members have a say in key product design decisions.
- Understand product goals and feature requests and translate them into working software
- Support team members through code review and architecture discussions
- Write tests that validate the stability and correctness of implementations
- Handle refactorings with both bravery and care
Skills & Requirements
- Strong Ruby and general software engineering skills
- Experience designing and building backend web services
- Eligible to work in Japan (a work visa requires a Bachelor’s Degree or 10 years relevant professional experience)
- Flat structure, everyone has a say in company decisions
- All national holidays observed
- One week of summer vacation in addition to regular vacation
- Opportunities to travel to developer and partner conferences
- Motorized sitting / standing desks
Salary: 6,000,000 - 10,000,000 yen / year
Includes (rough estimate of) profit share. Based on experience and skill level.
Degica is a payments and game focused company. We are best known for publishing the RPG Maker franchise and various shooting games, but we also have a thriving payments platform that both small and large companies are utilizing for payments in Japan and Korea.
At Degica we believe in a flat, inclusive engineering culture that is constantly evaluating itself. We believe that each team member brings something unique to the team and that the way we develop is ever evolving as we continue to grow. We’re largely a self organizing engineering culture, which means engineers have both stake and ownership in what they work on at Degica. Engineers play to their strengths, but are also able to invest in areas where they want to grow within the team.