Want to make a genuine impact in a hyper-growth SaaS product lead company?
With over 90,000 businesses now on the Deputy platform, our team has done exceptionally well in scaling the business and building out product functionality. We've only scratched the surface in terms of what we can do for the global economy. Want to learn more? Apply today!
Mission "The Why"
We’re looking for a Front-end Developer to take our message to the world by helping shape the user-experience of Deputy.com. Working closely with two Senior Developers as part of the Growth team, this is a strategic role aimed at delivering an optimal user experience for all visitors. This represents an ideal opportunity for someone wanting to make a genuine impact in a growing Tech company that has proven itself at every step of the journey to date.
Responsibilities "The What"
- Translate UX guidelines and design concepts into responsive high-performance web pages
- Create robust and elegant elements using SASS and semantic HTML
- Implementing SEO compliant markup
- Ensure cross browser/cross platform compatibility
- Collaborate with designers, developers and product marketers to optimise user experience across desktop, tablet and mobile
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality and performant code base
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security.
Who you are “The How”
- Deep understanding of the DOM, browser components & APIs
- Understanding of design elements, components, UI and best practices
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS/SCSS
- Experience with Wordpress theming, pages & templates (or another PHP framework) would be great.
- Understanding of Modern JS frameworks (e.g: Vue, React, Angular) is desirable but certainly not a pre-requisite
- Understanding of assets & build management tools, e.g: Grunt, Webpack, Babel
- Work closely with UX/UI designers, able to build and contribute to design
- Able to bring to life UX and UI designs from Sketch files. Improvise when needed.
- Experience with GIT in a team environment
- 3-5 years experience working in an agency/marketing environment would be ideal
- Understanding of microservices architecture and RESTful APIs is desirable but certainly not a pre-requisite
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Why IVP Invested in Deputy
- Winner of Westpac Innovative Business of Tomorrow 2018
- No. 5 on Forbes Cloud 100 for 2018: Rising stars
- Deloitte's #21 Fastest Growing Technology Startups in Aus 2018
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
The Bureau of Labor and Statistics reported over 80 million hourly workers comprising over 60% of the US workforce in 2017. Global estimates are that hourly workers are 80 – 90% of the workforce. Yet while hourly workers comprise such large majorities of the global workforce, there is a stark lack of software tools available today that directly address their needs
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this videos: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.