To support our ambitious growth, we are now looking for a PHP Engineer (M/F/X) to join our team in Berlin, Germany starting as soon as possible.
Your tasks - Paint the world green
- You design technical solutions that serve millions of users
- You decouple our large systems to independent services and self-container systems
- You optimize databases that have hundreds of millions of rows
- You write SOLID, maintainable, flexible, testable and tested code
- You analyze, propose and drive technology improvements
- You support our CI/CD environment and produce a positive impact with each release
- You support our agile, flexible, team-oriented development
Your Profile - Ready to hop on board
- Bachelor/Master in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant industry experience
- Solution oriented attitude with a focus on materializing the business vision through technical means
- Experience in or willingness to grow in PHP 7, Symfony, Percona, MySQL, NGINX, Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, Elastic Search, Design Patterns
- Continuous Integration and Deployment (Unit testing / Jenkins / Ansible / Pepper), Agile Project Management (Scrum, JIRA workflows, Grooming sessions), PHPStorm, Vagrant, Debian, Graylog, Rollbar and more!
- Good SQL experience and a good understanding of an ORM's internals
- Fluent in English
Perks - More than just a job
- Drive change. With innovation and smart technology, we are changing the way people travel, and you too can have an impact on this ride. Everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world.
- Trust-based working. We don't punch the clock – organize your own schedule. We trust in what you do!
- Fun at work and beyond. Discover the world with your free FlixBus rides and join our regular team events – there's always something to celebrate!
- Feel at home. We provide you with a comfortable working space, free drinks, casual dress code, diverse employee discounts and more.
- International & diverse team - English is our working language
- Competitive salary - we want you focused on your work not your salary
- Flexible working hours & Work from home policy of 5 days / month
- Centrally located offices in the heart of Berlin & Munich
- Flat organizational structure
- Bi-monthly HackrDays
- Yearly Conference stipend
- Free bus tickets all across Europe with FlixBus lines
- Choice of hardware (laptop, screens, headphones, etc)
- Free drinks (coffee, tea, beer, sodas) and fresh fruits
The future of transportation is Green. Here at FlixMobility Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.