fromAtoB is looking for an experienced full-time Web Engineer headquartered in Berlin.
We bring our customers from A to B. Thanks to our deep understanding of Europe’s traffic networks, we develop unique and intelligent routing algorithms that magically calculate the best path between two places. Travelling has never been easier or more efficient.
When customers use our products they search, scroll, click, swipe, filter, and book. They touch and feel our work; your work. As a Web Engineer at fromAtoB, you'll be directly influencing the happiness of our customers. It will be your mission to implement interfaces that users actually enjoy and love to use. In return, as one of our greatest assets, you will thrive from our exceptional team spirit, great benefits, personal growing and learning, and a culture where your achievements will always be acknowledged and highly valued.
- Write elegant, well-tested and scalable code.
- Do assertive and constructive code reviews.
- Share your knowledge with your teammates.
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams to ensure consistency across platforms and projects.
- Continuously evaluate and align your code with and towards the higher-level architecture and goals.
- Expert with HTML, CSS, responsive design, and web standards
- Experience with web application frameworks like VueJS, Angular or React
- You have experience with TDD (with tools like Mocha, Jest, Karma, Cypress)
- You understand how RESTful APIs work and you know about Sass and ES6
- Experience with B2C products
- Ability to work on self-managed projects
- Consumer-centric mindset
Nice to have
- Experience with Vuex or Redux
- Understanding of Webpack, Babel, and ES7
- Knowledge about UI/UX
- Experience with backend, APIs, Ruby, Rails or Golang
- Experience with DevOps: Containerization, Cloud Infrastructure, Configuration
- Management and Security
- 30 days of Paid Time Off
- Personal Development Budget (conferences, courses, trainings and books)
- 20% discount on personal travels
- Open source mindset
- Continuously evaluation and trial of new technologies to see if they can solve todays or tomorrows problems easier, simpler or better
- Flexible working hours, casual working environment and standing desks
- Amazing team atmosphere and international people from around the world
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad
- Fresh fruit & drinks
Sounds like an interesting challenge? We’d love to talk!