At Glovo we are constantly looking for talented and passionate engineers to join the team in our Barcelona office.
You are someone who loves working in a high-paced startup environment. You enjoy tackling different problems and take pride in delivering thought-through, well designed, flexible and easy to use solutions. You work well with other top-level engineers and value constructive feedback that helps you grow as a professional. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty with a platform or technology that you don’t know and see any problem as an opportunity for improvement.
Our mission is to empower customers and live ops agents to resolve any undesirable situation with as little friction as possible. As a part of the Customer Solutions team, you will be thinking about and working on making every case a happy case through automation, self-service systems and easy to use tools. This is a high impact team that is essential to having a profitable and sustainable business.
- Work on one of the most discussed problems in the company
- Be a part of a cross-platform team that works with internal, external and customer-facing products and services
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles
- Make our technology and our team scale as the business grows
- Own your deliverables from start to finish
- Deliver high-quality solutions
- Participate in the team’s life and contribute to decision-making
- Mentor and empower other developers around you
- Computer Science or similar degree
- 5+ years of relevant full-time experience
- Good knowledge of ES5 & ES6
- Experience with Vue.js, React.js or similar modern frontend technology
- Experience with Node.js
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming and software architecture
- Ability to write good unit tests is a must
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Vivid interest in at least one area outside of coding (architecture, algorithms, optimization, automation, scalability, etc.)
- Attention to details
- Good English
- Backend experience (ideally Java + Spring)
- Experience with server-side rendering
- Experience with containers
- Participation in open source projects
- A ticket to the Moon on the fastest rocket – an adventure filled with challenges and professional growth
- Offices based in trendy Poblenou neighborhood, 10 min away from the beach
- Generous equity pack for all employees
- Access to Pluralsight – online learning and upskilling platform
- Social benefits such as fresh fruits every day, free Tuesday lunches from our yummy partners, beers on Fridays, bi-monthly culture days, the best coffee machine in the world, ...
- An international and talented team, used to work in a fast paced and vibrant environment
- Gas: Fear mediocrity over mistakes. Think big, work hard, be proactive, take smart leaps and lead the way.
- Good vibes: Build a team of people that radiates positive energy. No assholes allowed: always be upfront, honest and kind. The road we chose is very bumpy. Stay optimistic no matter what.
- Everyone Wins: Don’t settle for growth alone. Build a sustainable Glovo that benefits everyone. Consider how every decision makes for the most positive impact possible in the long-term.
- Stay Humble: Everybody has to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We invest smartly and keep a close eye on our costs.
- Glownership: Act as one company – one team. Pro-Glovo, not pro-department. Think beyond your role, help before you’re asked. Learn Glovo A to Z. Figure stuff out on your own. Make sure your shit works!
- Raise the bar: You're curious and capable – that's why you're at Glovo. You care deeply about improving your talents and look for opportunities to do so. Then put everything to work to reach your full potential.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
Glovo is the fastest growing “Gen2” delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food as the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product in your city. Currently delivering +35M annual orders and operating in 21 countries. Expecting to reach 130M orders by 2020.
Our unique value proposition “Anything, on-demand, delivered within minutes” drives higher user retention, lower CAC and increased engagement. Glovo stands out for its fast and lean execution. Glovo expands to markets with good unit economics (high AOV/ Cost of labor ratio).
With still big room for optimization, Glovo has a proven business model, with SW Europe region with a forecasted profitable P&L for FY2019. New markets reach operational profitability within the first 4-6 months.
Our vision is to become the “everything” app for our regions. A platform that connects users with their city at any level and generates orders for couriers also during non-food-peak hours, allowing us to build the most robust supply.
Our Glovo tech team is structured in a way that divides 9 different teams into the following areas: Growth and B2B, Content and Partners, Dispatching, Courier Experience, Design, Platform, Customer Experience, Customer Solutions, Payments and Fraud.
We have 70+ engineers working towards the continuous improvement of all of our services to provide the greatest quick solution for people's life and yes we are building one of the strongest tech teams in the world ;)