Company Overview and Culture
Our culture is a team-first mentality built on the Core Values of Customer Love, Growth, Ownership, Authenticity, and One Team which is shared by every single employee. For us at GRIN, this means we prioritize our customers when making decisions; grow as individuals personally and professionally which drives business growth; celebrate our wins, own our failures, learn from our mistakes, and expect everyone to do the right thing; bring our whole selves to work each day; and know that we can accomplish more when we work together with humility.
At GRIN, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. GRIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience. GRIN is headquartered in Sacramento, CA, yet has a “Remote First” work policy and culture, meaning remote work is the default. Our Core Business Hours are 9am-3pm PST, so we expect all of our employees to work at least during those hours and are flexible on the rest of your hours.
GRIN is looking for an experienced, skilled, and highly motivated Software Engineer to build great, user friendly products for our industry-leading creator management SaaS platform used by forward-thinking brands. You’ll be part of a high-caliber, cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a full stack developer, you should be comfortable with both front-end and back-end technologies, development frameworks, third-party APIs and libraries.
You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and usability. This is an exciting opportunity to have a career-changing impact on a high growth startup. We prioritize drive and demonstrated success in whatever roles you’ve been in before — we care far less about fancy pedigrees, schools, or a resume with “brand name” companies. We have a fun, positive culture of success. If you enjoy solving complex problems, we’re ready to meet you!
- Building Customer Love by designing, creating, and maintaining amazing new features for GRIN’s products
- Improving existing features to make our customers fall even more in love with GRIN
- Testing customer workflows throughout the product to make sure they work as intended
- Writing clean, functional code on the front and back-end
- Testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues
- Participating in the design and creation of the World’s #1 Creator Management software
- Become a subject matter expert of the Creator Management process in the GRIN platform.
- 4+ years in a software engineering position or similar function, with a history of architecting and designing new products and technologies
- Knowledge of common frontend design patterns
- Experience building complex browser based applications
- Experience building accessible (a11y friendly) web applications
- Understanding of and ability to execute advanced product-design vision with an efficient engineering approach
- Demonstrated experience with PHP and Laravel framework
- Proficient with Git
- Experience using Agile development methodologies
- Strong team player that wants to win together with flexibility to adapt and maintain productivity in a high-growth, dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels
GRIN is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Final compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience as it relates to the role.
United States Base Salary Range $95,000—$130,000 USD
Canadian Base Salary Range $95,000—$125,000 CAD
We recognize the imposter syndrome might show its head as you read through this job description and although you might not check every box, we don’t want to miss out on the possibility of speaking with a perfectly imperfect candidate. So if you think you have what it takes - apply today and let’s discuss!
- Competitive salary
- 16 days of PTO + 10 Sick Days + 14 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) program plus match
- Paid Child Bonding Leave
- Home Office set up
- $1,000 annual Career Development Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Option Program
- GRIN SWAG
- Career path opportunities in a great startup environment
- Tons of growth opportunity
GRIN is the pioneer behind the world’s first Creator Management platform, designed for the next generation of brands who recognize that, in the Creator Economy, authenticity is everything. Our platform supports every brand’s journey to connecting with consumers through authentic creator relationships and is listed #1 across all top review sites including Capterra, G2 Crowd, and Influencer Marketing Hub.
Thousands of the world’s fastest-growing brands – including SKIMS, Allbirds, Mejuri, and MVMT – use GRIN to make creators feel like trusted, empowered partners and work with them to build their brands into household names. Together, we are revolutionizing the Creator Economy.