Our development projects are typically built on PHP and are often Laravel. You don’t need to know it to join our team, as long as you’re experienced with another modern framework (such as CakePHP, Zend, or another MVC- or SOA-oriented system). Given the range of work you’ll be doing you’ll never get bored. We need someone who loves keeping up-to-date on the newest advancements in the field and can figure out when to start applying those advancements to client work.
You’ll be a member of our development team, working closely with our other fantastic front-end and backend developers during every phase of your projects. You’ll also be communicating directly with clients and with our project managers to understand their requirements and present your work. Your job will be fun, challenging, and interesting.
You’ll be working on several projects at any time; typically one large application and a few smaller projects to keep things fresh.
- Building new applications, websites, and features with Laravel.
- Contributing to high-level architecture planning, consulting with our internal team on approach and level of effort, directing more junior developers.
- Flexing your muscles on aspects of application development outside of app code: database modeling, query optimization, setting up efficient logging and monitoring solutions, and other advanced requriements for highly functioning apps (you do not need to be a DBA or Sys Admin).
- Working closely with our front-end development team on website projects. We’ll want and expect your input on the best ways to structure the build — from start to finish.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest development technologies and methodologies.
Skills & Qualifications:
- You should have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience, preferably in a technical role.
- Previous MVC framework experience, Laravel is highly preferred.
- Ability to understand user behavior and intent, and use this information to build intuitive apps and websites for our clients.
- Knowledge of Git, we use it on all projects.
- Experience with AWS services is a plus.
- Experience with Raspberry Pi (or similar platforms) is a plus.
What we offer:
- Healthy work/life balance
- A creative environment to do the best work of your career
- An amazing team of developers, designers, marketers, and project managers
- Flexible hours
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Retirement plan with company matching
Happy Cog is a growing interactive agency of 70+ people, all working 100% remotely.
We're an eclectic team of designers, developers and digital marketers. We don’t do things because they’re the trendy thing to do, we do them because we believe in them. They’re the right idea, for the right client, at the right time and we believe deeply in everything we do.
Happy Cog is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.