We are seeking for a full-time backend developer to our Helsinki office to join our R&D team. You are a self-starting engineer with strong experience in developing sophisticated, large scale projects. We appreciate team players with a solid track record of projects and experience on a wide range of technologies. You should not be fixed on any particular technology, but always be eager to learn more.
As a software developer, you will be involved in every aspect of our product development process, from being a hands-on responsible for a product to brainstorming our next products with our team of design, technology, and marketing experts as well as coaching and science specialists.
- Work as a key member of our software development and design team
- Implement new functionality and take care of the existing system
- Take ownership of a given part of the product
- Participate in architecture planning with the team, and help us take our platform to it’s next stage
- Fluent in more than one programming language
- All stacks are different and so is ours so we don’t expect you to know every piece of it beforehand, what we expect is a willingness to learn the missing pieces
- Bonus points for being familiar with Ruby on Rails, Ruby in general, MySQL, basic building blocks of AWS, React.js, Vue.js, Redis, Elasticsearch, Solr and a mindset for automated testing (TDD, BDD, CD/CI) and automation in general
- Ability to understand, develop, refactor, and debug large and complex code bases
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and team work skills
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just “how we should build it” but also “what we should build”)
- Team player with a good cultural fit to our low hierarchy, fast-moving organisation, bringing positive energy to the teams you work with
- Flexible working opportunities
- Occupational healthcare
- Holistic wellbeing & performance coaching program by our own coaches
- Gym at the office
- Healthy snacks at the office
- Choose your own hardware and tools
Hintsa Performance is a leading provider of high performance coaching and digital wellbeing services. Over the past 20 years, Hintsa’s science-based method for optimising health, wellbeing and performance has been tested in the most challenging environments of business and sports. Hintsa’s services are trusted by a clientele ranging from Formula 1 world champions and top CEO’s to executive teams and employees in thousands of organisations across the world. Hintsa employs over 100 professionals including performance coaches, doctors, and software developers. The company has offices in Zurich, Geneva, London, Helsinki, Oslo and Zug.