We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include implementing visual elements and their behaviors with user interactions. You will work with both front-end and back-end web developers to build all client-side logic. You will also be bridging the gap between the visual elements and the server-side infrastructure, taking an active role on both sides, and defining how the application looks and functions.
- Develop new user-facing features and functionality leveraging VueJS, NuxtJS, Bootstrap 4, and SCSS
- Working on the front lines of the product team, bridge the gap between design and backend engineering teams
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end services
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Desired Skills and Experience
- Several years experience working with Vue.js (or comparable technologies)
- Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Adaptability and resilience- things change and you don’t mind
- Proficiency in React or similar frameworks
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt and Gulp.js
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
Homesnap is an award-winning technology company serving the real estate industry. We're well-funded and based in North Bethesda, MD. Our website and app empower people to find and share accurate, real-time real estate information, whether they are standing in front of a house or sitting on a couch.
For your hard work you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, equity, bonuses, generous paid time off, full benefits (medical, vision, dental), a stipend to deck out your workstation, and a great work environment where you get to build a groundbreaking and critically-acclaimed product.