Hussle is an online marketplace (think Rightmove or AirBnB) for fitness, empowering customers to search for, compare and buy flexible access to fitness facilities online.
Since launch in 2011, Hussle has successfully established the largest gym network in the country with more than 2,700 participating gyms, health clubs and fitness studios and over 700k registered users.
Being one of the fastest growing, VC backed, companies in the UK, we are looking for a Full Stack engineer to tackle a leading role in the development of the marketplace website and App.
Hussle has now raised over $18m in investment and has been recognised as one of the UK’s most exciting growth companies receiving distinguished awards from both the fitness industry awards and technology growth scene.
In the first 12 Months you will:
- Help Hussle grow further by taking ownership of the development of our customer facing Website and Business facing websites using PHP/MySQL, React, and Sass
- You will work closely with the Product Support team to continuously improve the experience on both the eCommerce Website and Partners website.
- Train and mentor more junior engineers in the team.
- Write tests for your own code and increase test coverage for our applications.
- Work with the rest of the team to improve code quality through refactoring and code reviews.
- There will be the opportunity to be involved in further development of our AWS Infrastructure, DevOps culture and release procedures.
- Work on big and small projects.
- Show leadership as part of an inclusive, reciprocal engineering culture, where everyone wants to improve and ego’s are left at home.
Our customer facing and business websites are built on Zend Framework Using PHP, MySQL, Sass and React.js, all of this is hosted on AWS using RDS Aurora, EC2, Elasticache, S3 and Lambda built with CloudFormation.
Feel free to apply even if you don’t have experience in all of the mentioned technologies, for instance we would also love to talk to people who have experience with other PHP frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony.
- Competitive salary
- Gym membership
- Regular social events during office hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.