InsurGrid is seeking out a senior backend engineer to join our product and engineering team. As a member of our team, you will contribute to the development of our core product. You will work with our head of engineering to build out our core business logic to handle the many operational workflows needed to support our insurance agents in their ability to establish the best possible coverage for their prospective clients. You will simultaneously be building a productivity tool for insurance agents whilst reshaping the insurance industry. You will be expected to ship tested code fast and consistently, iterate rapidly, and identify ongoing opportunities to deliver value to customers. Check out our story on TechCrunch.
We make a commitment to your growth and success as an engineer, both as a member of this team and for wherever your career takes you. We are building something that doesn't exist, which means that each member of the team from CEO to our interns learn something new every day and we share these lessons and perspectives with each other for our mutual growth. We are a small but tight team of entrepreneurial, curious human beings who love building and are excited every day for our opportunity to be on this journey we are on at InsurGrid. We'd love to find people who seek this opportunity and environment.
What you get
- Competitive base salary, meaningful equity, and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Firsthand experience building a venture backed startup from the earliest stages
- Ownership on core product infrastructure solutions, design and implementation
- Direct interaction with both our investors and advisors
- Autonomy, trust, transparency, honesty
- Support from every member of the team
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Education and learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Annual company retreats to rest, relax, and get to know your co-workers (we recently went to Breckenridge, Colorado)
Who you are
- 8+ years experience as a software engineer
- Self sufficient PHP8/Laravel developer
- Proficient at working with databases (ideally MySQL)
- Experience with Docker
- Ability to work autonomously and adapt quickly
- Follows best practices, strong design principles, and firm understanding of OOP
- Execute on impact-driven roadmap
The way to buy and sell insurance is broken — we're on a mission to change this. Consumers can connect their bank account to financial apps to manage their money, but can't connect their insurance account to receive a competitive quote. We're building Plaid-like technology to facilitate a modern insurance shopping experience and build developer-first infrastructure.
It all starts with the agent. The agent is the main distribution channel for the $684B P&C industry. The agent represents 93% of all P&C insurance policies issued in the United States. The agent is the plumbing behind the insurance industry and they need a platform to make buying insurance frictionless, personalized, and modern.
We’ve been moving fast since we founded InsurGrid in January 2020. Since then, we’ve built and launched the initial version of our product to 1000+ insurance agents and raised a pre-seed round led by Engineering Capital and Hustle Fund. We are operating as a fully remote team.
InsurGrid values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. InsurGrid will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.