We provide solutions that help millions of people with life's big decisions. We enable our clients to help people build their wealth, protect their family, buy their home, invest in the stock market, and improve their financial wellbeing. Things that make a real difference to people's lives. We began in 1993 as a small Australian tech start-up. Now we're a global team of over 1,800 brilliantly-minded people across five continents – and we're still growing. We're listed on the Australian Stock Exchange, with a strong financial track record and our continuous investment in product development and innovation is what keeps us ahead of the game.
About the Role
As we grow, we’re looking for several Senior Software Developers to help build our award-winning financial planning product - XPLAN. It’s used by over a thousand financial services firms in 6 countries, enabling them to help millions of people when it comes to life’s big financial decisions. As one of our flagship products, it’s been rated the number one in financial planning software for the 10th consecutive year and is used by the majority of wealth management firms in Australia. Video of XPLAN here.
- Help us introduce microservices and containerisation using Kotlin, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS.
- We believe in building products that “just work”. Through our Labs initiative, we embrace user feedback whilst constantly experimenting.
- Solve new problems as we introduce AI, Machine Learning, Event Sourcing and Data Analytics
- Build quality software using tools such as JIRA, Bitbucket, SonarQube, Artifactory etc
- Foster the development of others including teaching and mentoring team members
- Contribute to implementing a DevOps culture including choice of technology and tooling.
- Apply and promote high-quality engineering practices Provide relative estimates for the development effort, validate and improve continuously.
- Collaborate with team members in a self-autonomous AGILE squad (no bigger than 4 / 5 people) where everyone is involved in product decisions.
- Solve complex problems at scale, developing high performance, web applications with a global user base.
- Join a culture of innovation, participating in our monthly “CodeIT” hackathon
- Grow your technical and leadership skills through formal training, lunch and learns and by attending conferences. Our teams use Pluralsight and Egghead. We also host the occasional meetup too.
- Enjoy views of the harbour from our brand new Barangaroo office. Includes collaborative working spaces, games area, meditation room and café.
- At times, you will help triage and debug production issues.
- Backend development skills using Python or other languages such as Java, C++, Ruby etc.
- Solid understanding of security, web standards and architecture
- Willingness to mentor and work with developers at all levels of experience
- Ability to understand both functional and non-functional requirements of a solution which are built for scale
We recognize and reward hard work and celebrate our successes over a Friday afternoon drink and at various socials throughout the year. As well as local charity events and initiatives through the IRESS Foundation, we hold global days and activities to make the most of our global strength and diversity. This includes a yearly global hackathon! We may be one of the largest financial software providers, but we haven't forgotten our roots; we've kept the entrepreneurial spirit and agility that defined our early years.
IRESS is a principal global supplier of share market and wealth management systems producing innovative, sophisticated solutions. We provide solutions that help hundreds of thousands of people with life's big decisions – from getting a mortgage approval, planning for retirement, to trading on the stock exchange – things that make a real difference to people's lives and financial well-being. We began in 1993 as a small Australian tech start-up. Now we're a global team of over 1,750 brilliantly-minded people across five continents – and we're still growing. We're listed on the Australian Stock Exchange, with a strong financial track record and our continuous investment in product development and innovation is what keeps us ahead of the game.
- Flexible working
- Subsidized health insurance
- 3 days leave per year to participate in charity initiatives
- Up to 26 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers) and the ability to work part-time when returning to work.
Want to have a significant impact in one of Australia’s fastest growing technology companies? If so please apply – we look forward to hearing from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at IRESS. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.