We are looking for a driven and pragmatic builder with an attitude. You have experience in modern web application development and advanced data visualisations! Your mission will be to form a powerhouse within our product team to help customers understand the story and health of their wind turbines, power transformers and heavy machinery.
Why do we need you?
You’ll be working on a set of technologies that must break down complicated machine learning solutions and deliver crucial value-add insights to the user. We operate at high scale - trillions of data points per day - providing always-on predictive models, alarms and metrics visualisations for some of the largest and most sophisticated customers in the global renewable energy space. There’s a huge opportunity to make an immense impact. You will be working together tightly with an experienced product lead, UI/UX designer and a solid engineering team to build a greenfield product suite that is already creating an impact on a global scale.
Electrical assets produce data jungles. Wind turbines, electrical grid infrastructure, and heavy-industry machinery are mission-critical to our customers' operations but very difficult to monitor. Jungle helps owners to get more out of their assets by illuminating asset performance, both now and in the future. Our technology leverages massive streams of data to understand what normal asset behaviour looks like, and to detect faults and underperformance. By extending lifetime, reducing downtime, and increasing yield, Jungle makes owning and operating assets cheaper, more reliable and more sustainable.
Benefits of working with Jungle
- Flexible schedule and location
- Unlimited holidays
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks everyday
- Regular yoga classes and professional massages
- Modern work environment and peripherals
- Work on challenges that have a meaningful impact in the world
- Work with state-of-the-art (REAL state-of-the-art) technology
- Be part of a small (yet Schwifty) team that's making a big impact in the greentech space!
- Demonstrable experience in developing and deploying front-end technology for modern web applications in production.
- A firm understanding of when (and when not) to use abstractions/frameworks for state management and view rendering. More importantly, if you do, which ones and why.
- Fluency in creating performant interactive visualisations using D3, p5, or similarly expressive languages.
- Git is your second language. You branch when a branch should branch, and merge when a merge should merge. You know that your team will one day need to understand the code purely from the git log --all --decorate --oneline --graph
- In code, your motto is: Don’t ever Repeat Yourself
- You Marie Kondo your project structure. Everything sparks joy and you fold code in such a way that it stands on its own.
- You are not afraid to take a cool part of something you did and share it with the world, write some swag words about it and see how it is used by others.
- You know and love a module called [insert-random-word].js and you think it can change the way we work.
- You're pragmatic; you know when to trade off diving deep with quick fixes.
- You are excited to work with us at the Jungle HQ in Lisbon.
- You are eligible to work in the European Union.
Essentially, working with the vast ecosystem of technology available today in web application development should make you very happy. There is a sense of pride and joy in building something elegant and powerful. The coolest part of the job is that you will turn something that practically nobody understands into something that they can use. You will be doing this with people that are at the top of their game in their fields and highly committed to each other.