LeverEdge is a consumer-first debt management and refinancing platform that helps borrowers borrow and pay down their debt as efficiently as possible. We have already helped thousands of students get more than $100M in student loans at rates below they could get on their own. We hope to cross $1B in 2020.
We are looking for an experienced full stack developer who can help build out our Debt Management Platform and other features.
Role at a glance
We are seeking an extraordinary Senior Full Stack Engineer to be the first member of our Engineering Team reporting directly to a co-founder.
Develop core features of our debt management platform: We are just getting started building out our debt management platform (an extension of our existing product). You will develop core features of this product. Examples include a relatively complex sign up flow (similar to Mint.com).
Integrate APIs exposed by other companies: We rely on APIs from other companies. You will build out our integrations (from scratch) with these APIs. Example APIs include the Liabilities’ API by Plaid and Experian’s Credit Monitoring API.
Develop Interactive Content: We are creating unique and interactive content to help our users make informed decisions about their debt. You will develop the interactive content. Examples include calculators using a JS framework.
Build and Support Embeddable Content: Some of the interactive content developed may need to be embedded into websites owned by other companies. You will build and provide the necessary instructions to help our partners embed our content on their web pages.
Build Additional Product Features: We will continue to expand the features on our platform. You will help estimate the time required to develop these features and proceed to implement these features. Examples include a referral program so members can be rewarded for referring their friends.
Our approach to development
- Quality over Speed (most of the time)
- Standards-compliant MVC approaches
- Well Commented Code
- Automated Testing
- Scalable and Maintainable
- Self – QA: Developers are responsible for the quality of their code
- Self - DevOps: Developers deploy and maintain production code
- You have 3+ years of experience writing high-quality code in a collaborative environment.
- You can translate a business problem into a technical solution.
- You have experience with object-oriented languages (PHP)
- You have experience with MVC Frameworks (Laravel)
- You have experience with JS Frameworks (Vue.JS)
- You have experience with relational databases (MySQL)
- You love working on all parts of the technology stack and owning a problem end to end
- You feel comfortable working with existing code and refactoring
- You live Test Driven Development
- You understand REST API design
- You find a way to get things done independently (You won’t have a ton of resources like more senior engineers to help).
- You are comfortable communicating new ideas, bringing up concerns when you see them, and are pro-active in your approach to problem solving.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.