Marley Spoon (ASE:MMM) is bringing delightful, market fresh and easy cooking back to the people, while re-inventing the global food supply chain to reduce unethical food waste. We are connecting consumers with quality producers, providing fresh ingredients directly to customer's homes and we are present in Europe, the US and Australia, shipping about 100 000 food boxes every week.
Our CX Backend team composed of ten engineers and we’re aiming to grow it to twenty. The team will be then organised in four sub teams (core 1 & 2, logistics and product). You will be part of the logistics team which maintains one of our most critical internal tools called Ziplog. This tool is used by our logistics managers to decide where, when and how we deliver. At the moment, the tool can already cover the normal use cases but we need it to become smarter and handle incidents, so we can still delight our customers.
Your role is instrumental in supporting global spanning and getting Marley Spoon equipped for the current massive growth and the potential ahead.
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Write testable and readable code, that runs fast and reliably
- Shape the future of our backend architecture and tooling within a small sub-team of backend engineers
- Rebuild the Ziplog tool and migrate it to AWS, along with the team
- Work closely with the other teams and your teammates to arrive at the best possible feature implementation
- Be a customer yourself so you're a direct user of what you're building. You'll receive the product for free of course ;)
- Several years of experience
- Professional experience in Ruby & ReactJS
- Strong testing mindset
- Worked on a microservice architecture before or have experience in spanning applications across the globe
- Excellent communication skills
- A drive to learn and improve yourself and others around you
- Proactive and collaborative
- Autonomy & Impact
- Flexible working hours, home office and a remote work friendly environment
- Spend 5% of your working time on personal learning and development
- Conference / Training budget
- Corporate pension scheme
- Possibility to trade part of your salary for double the amount of stock options
- Our beautiful and cozy office is located in the heart of Berlin Kreuzberg close to some of the best restaurants
- Free food boxes delivered to your doorstep
- Cooked food from our test kitchen
- Gym membership & language courses
- Friday drinks and many after work events
- An open, diverse and respectful culture with over 50 nationalities
- Check this link out for more flavour
Love the sound of the position, but don’t think you’re the ideal candidate? Please apply! At Marley Spoon we value learning and growth. We have worked hard to build a diverse team of encouraging and passionate technologists. We encourage people of all genders, ethnicity, ability and sexual orientation to apply.