Monito (www.monito.com is an award-winning digital start-up on a mission to save the world $28 billion in excessive money transfer fees and bad exchange rates paid each year. Building the Booking.com for money transfers, we help people sending money abroad find, compare and review all the services available to them in real-time.
Up for a new challenge? We are a product-oriented team based in Lausanne (Switzerland) with global ambitions. Our product is growing fast and we're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our journey to building the global hub for money transfers.
What you will be doing as a Senior Software Engineer
- You will have autonomy to design and implement great features and services, enjoying creating something end to end.
- You will build across the full stack: frontend, services, data or infrastructure.
- You will work on a rapidly changing product, and will have to find innovative solutions to the stream of new challenges coming your way.
Here is what we have to offer:
- Take a ride aboard one of Switzerland's most rapidly growing web startups, with global ambitions.
- Work with a modern development stack (Vue.js, PWA, Webpack , Node.js, Docker, AWS ...) and stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends by continuously learning and trying new things.
- Collaborate with super talented and motivated people in a relaxed but hard-working atmosphere.
- Enjoy flexible working conditions that match your own rhythm (we're also a remote-friendly company if you like to work from home part of the time).
- Your work will have a real social impact on over 700M people, reducing the cost of sending money abroad for migrant workers, international students and expats around the world.
Annual salary range: 80,000 CHF - 100,000 CHF
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply, and we can help with immigration.
Here is what you bring to the table:
- We're looking for someone able to work autonomously and with a self-starter attitude.
- Someone taking pride in the things he creates from visual polish of the user experience to reliability of backend services.
- You know how to design performant and maintainable APIs.
- You are familiar with cloud platforms and interested into building scalable architectures.
- You know about clean code, development best practices, and guidelines such as twelve-factor app.
- You can empathise with our users and come up with high-impact ways of quickly solving their problems.
- A start-up is a high-paced and dynamic environment, we want someone with a proactive attitude , self-responsible with a willingness to learn and adapt.
- Building web products with a purpose is our passion, we're searching for someone who shares this same passion and commitment .
- We speak English and French. Fluency in English is a must , French is a plus.
- It's great if you already have a valid Swiss work permit, otherwise you need to have a the citizenship of a EU-25 country (+ Norway, Iceland or Lichtenstein)