MonsterInsights is the most popular Google Analytics plugin for WordPress with over 3+ million users. So your work will have a big impact!
We are looking for an experienced frontend and backend developer that is already actively involved with WordPress plugin development, and has proficiency in VueJS. You'll help design new features, write/rewrite code, and tackle complex challenges at scale. You will also regularly conduct code reviews and mentor your peers.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through from conception to completion. Our developers "own" features/tasks and are responsible for scoping, development, and testing.
- You're an excellent communicator, fluent in both verbal and written English, who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks. We believe communication is critical and there is no such thing as over-communicating.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done - with attention to detail.
- You love mentoring your peers and helping them "level up" just as much as writing code.
- You are comfortable giving critical feedback to peers (in a respectful and productive manner) and also don't take feedback given personally.
- You're happy jumping between front-end and back-end development tasks or tackling tasks that require both.
- You're happy working on tasks of all sizes - from small bug fixes and enhancements to large features/rewrites.
Skills you'll need to succeed in this role:
- Professional experience with WordPress plugin development, architecture, and standards (WordPress theme experience is great, but alone is not sufficient).
- Advanced proficiency with PHP and MySQL, including modern PHP practices (OOP, autoloading, namespacing, traits, interfaces, etc).
- Deep experience with build tools like gulp and webpack and package managers such as Composer and NPM.
- Experience working with third-party APIs (Eg Google Analytics, Stripe, Drip, Zapier, etc).
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly - done is better than perfect.
- Ability to keep complex ideas and features simple. (Simplicity is a core value!)
- Previous remote work experience.
What we offer
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them.
Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Individual & company performance bonuses.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom Branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
Location and Hours
This is a remote position - our team is spread around the globe!
Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours are 9am - 5pm ET (UTC -5). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available at noon EST and have several hours of overlap during 9am to 5pm EST. This is a full time, 40 hour per week position.