Our market group Nedap Security Management develops and markets innovative systems for the security of buildings and premises. These include access control, video surveillance and burglary detection. As a leader in the international industry for physical access control and security management, we base our products on state-of-the-art software and hardware technology. Many a top enterprise makes use of our security solutions. For instance, large banks, large public buildings, airports and multinationals.
Your job as Front-end developer
As a front-end developer you will be looking after the development of an entirely new user interface of our AEOS access control system, based on new technologies, modern user interface frameworks and REST/JSON API’s. This means smartly thinking through and coming up with proper, solid and decently maintainable solutions, but also assisting in new strategies and improvements on our products.
Obviously you are not doing this on your own, but together with 2 software teams, consisting of 17 persons in total, who work on the basis of Agile/Scrum. You will become part of one team, where the mutual communication is an important part of your job.
Required experience and skills as Front-end developer
As a front-end developer you are able to convert graphic designs into software, with attention to detail, providing our end-customers with the perception of what we want to achieve with our AEOS product. You are eager to learn, analytic, ambitious and feel a never-ending urge to challenge yourself and develop yourself in the area of security concepts and solutions.
In addition you have completed a secondary vocational or scientific education training in the field of (Technical) Computer science. You have the necessary number of years of experience (at least 3) in a comparable position and you also have a hands-on attitude, realising the required steps in our product development. You are additionally full of energy and inspiration to fulfil this role.
In addition you have the following skills and capacities:
- Experience with modern frameworks like Angular (Angular CLI), React, JQuery;
- Experience with test frameworks, like Protractor, Jasmine/Karma;
- Experience with Node.js, npm, Sass;
- Experience with writing of modular TypeScript-code using external libraries or “custom” code;
- Knowledge of Webpack;
- Knowledge of the creation of stand-alone, reusable and testable services and components by use of TypeScript, “Templates” and “Decorators”;
- Knowledge of RESTful api’s and JSON object format;
- Knowledge of Java is a pre;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language;
- Communicative and a proactive attitude;
- Result-oriented, quality driven and able to work under pressure;
- Hands-on attitude, team player.
Security is a basic human requirement, both at home and at work. With our access control, intrusion detection and locker management technologies, we create a pleasurable work environment for everyone, which in turn boosts success. People can truly shine only when they know their security is in expert hands.