Due to a propelling growth in our direct to consumer business, we are looking for a Front End Engineer to shape the next growth phase of On’s online business. You will work in a cross functional growth team together with a growth master, digital designer, full stack engineer and data scientist to build and hack new digital products for elevated growth.
With experience in growth hacking, you will contribute by building web applications and digital products for increased performance. You will be sitting in our HQ in Zurich. There will be a close collaboration with our digital team in Berlin as well as local teams in Portland (USA) and Yokohama (Japan).
As you might expect from a running brand, the E-Commerce team at On is a fast-paced place to be. This team of interdisciplinary all-stars are used to rapid turnaround times and ambitious targets. From engineers to designers, data scientists and digital marketing specialists, this is the team responsible for creating winning digital products and campaigns that run the length of the purchase funnel. The shared goal? Efficient growth at high speed – what else?
- You write clean, maintainable and testable code to ensure that your code does the job both in terms of functionally and usability
- You optimise applications for maximum speed, performance and scalability
- You research optimal solutions and find the best way to implement UI/UX designs
- You help to steer technical innovation and advocate for front-end development best practices and application architecture
- You work closely and remotely in a cross-functional team to create great user experiences
- You participate in optimising our agile process
- You have strong software foundation (software architecture, design patterns, test-driven development, databases, query languages, caching, asynchronous request handling)
- You have experience using tools like Webpack and gulp and you are familiar with the node/npm/yarn eco-system
- You have been working closely with UX designers and have deep knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, animations and UX/UI principles
- You are a team player with strong English verbal and written communication skills
What we offer
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!