Be part of an international success story with OptiMonk!
Join our product team, and let’s build the best conversion optimization platform together! As our product is in the center of everything we do, you'll have enormous responsibility to develop the best solutions that customers love.
Sounds good? Read on!
In 2014, OptiMonk was born—the first international startup of the Innonic Startup Studio in Debrecen. From the beginning, we focused on a strong, clear mission: to personalize to world of ecommerce.
Before long, we grew from a simple exit-intent solution to a powerful conversion optimization and lead generation platform. Today, we can proudly say that 36,000+ websites in 150+ countries use OptiMonk. More than 50% of our customers are US-based, and in 2019 our Annual Recurring Revenue was $1.85M.
We believe that great goals can only be achieved by inspired people who are ready to change the world. We’re a group of passionate people who consider OptiMonk more than just a place to work. It’s part of our life. We love what we do, which means everyone shows up with a smile.
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer
You’ll be part of a cross functional product team, working in close collaboration with Product Managers and Designers to ship new features and improve the current product.
What you will be doing:
- Developing new features with other engineers and product team members
- Improving existing functionality
- Writing Automated Tests
- Researching new promising technologies
- Participating in collaborative feature discovery
- Participating in system monitoring
What we would like to see from you:
- At least 5 years in coding and at least 3+ years of experience in modern technologies:
- 2+ years Node.js
- NoSQL (Mongo) or relational database experience
- 1+ years working with Spa technologies (Vue.js / React)
- You are obsessed with details and unforgiving of substandard work.
- You have experience working in a team as part of the product organisation
- You are fluent in English
Our team is full of friendly, dedicated and passionate people. We’re looking for someone with a similar attitude.
- Experience in a fast paced environment working on a Saas product
- Experience with e-commerce
What you can expect from us:
- modern technologies
- being part of a success story as we are in the most exciting stage of a startup
- transparency, flexibility and trust
- possibility to have impact on both the product and the business
- team gatherings and retreats to build our unique culture
- We are building an international team, so you’ll need to write and speak English fluently. Although the team is mostly Hungarian, Hungarian language knowledge is not required.
- You are fine with working from home or you have experience in working with remote teams. Although, we are happy to see you in our Budapest or Debrecen offices!
- Time zone: +-1 hour difference from Hungary (GMT+2). Our coders mostly work in pairs, so you will be allocated to a current team member to catch up faster with our tech stack and processes.
- Invoicing capability will be required if you are not a Hungarian citizen. Via Upwork or as an entrepreneur/company could be also eligible.
Why we love OptiMonk?
Internationally successful product: Although most of our users are US-based, we have users from over 150 countries, which means we get to interact with many cultures. It's always amazing to see how people think about business from different regions.
Inspiring team: You’ll spend your time with 20 motivated, intelligent young people – in fact, our average age is 27! We always find the right time to share our knowledge and learn from each other. Our leadership team is motivated, determined, and committed to self-improvement, which means they’re great at supporting their teams—both professionally and personally.
We love team building: We’re like a big family, and we don’t underestimate the power of a bit of fun after a tough day. We celebrate birthdays every month, and we have quarterly team-building events. You can join our book club, and enjoy team gatherings even remotely.
Opportunities for growth: We travel to conferences around the world—11 last year, from California to Lisbon—to learn from some of the top global experts. We provide comprehensive onboarding and ongoing training opportunities. That means you can focus on new, exciting challenges from your very first days. and we’ll buy you any book you need.
Modern offices: You can join us at our headquarters in Debrecen or at our secondary office in Budapest. We provide plenty of space to collaborate with other teammates, but you’ll also have a peaceful desk for focused work.
Market potential: 36,000+ users and almost 2.000 customers. Most are small and medium-sized online retailers, but we have hundreds of customers who’ve made seven figures with their online stores. You’ll be in contact with the owners and their marketing experts.
Synergy with other ecommerce businesses: OptiMonk is part of the Innonic Group, so you can spend time with other ecommerce business teams like ShopRenter and Conversific. You’ll also be in contact with new startup teams.