We are looking for an experienced PHP developer who can work with Laravel and Vue. You will help us build a gamified cyber security platform used by ethical hackers to make open-source safer!
Patchstack is building a cybercrime resistance with the help of the ethical hacker community. Together we make the open-source web safer for everyone.
Patchstack has a security vulnerability database for CMSs, a SaaS platform to provide real-time protection and a gamified bug hunting platform that covers all open-source components.
We are not looking for staff augmentation, agencies, or freelancers. We're looking for a full-time team member who can grow with the rest of the team.
What we do
- We provide a SaaS solution to detect and vpatch plugin vulnerabilities patchstack.com/solutions/
- We run a community-driven bug bounty platform (Patchstack Red Team) to nurture a community of independent security researchers behind the WordPress ecosystem.
- We maintain an open and free WordPress vulnerability database patchstack.com/database/
- We provide professional code review and security auditing to WordPress plugins
Who are we looking for as a developer position at Patchstack?
The position is full-time and remote (in the EU/US timezone). The candidate should be a highly self-disciplined professional with excellent communication skills.
You'll be working in a fast-paced startup environment where everybody is involved in planning the direction and growth of the company.
While we provide a lot of personal freedom, we're looking for a solution-oriented person who is not afraid of challenges and is also happy to work on tasks that might not fall into everyday responsibilities.
Day-to-day tasks include:
- Working on our Laravel applications by adding new features and changing existing features
- Working on the frontend of these Laravel applications of which some utilize Vue.js and NuxtJS
- Refactoring existing code to meet new standards and features (PHP 8)
- Writing unit tests
- PHP (Laravel)
- SQL and the ability to write performant queries
- Understanding of MVC frameworks and SPA
- Version control such as git
- Ability to write clean code that is also reusable
- A focus on security and performance
- Fluent English in both speaking and writing
- Outstanding communication skills
Would be helpful:
- Good understanding of Vue.js, NuxtJS, AWS
- Previous experience working as a developer
- Previous experience working in a remote team
- Knowledge about WordPress and other PHP based content management systems
- Industry certifications
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary with stock options plan
- Work in a quickly growing tech company
- Highly impactful work
- No corporate environment
- Paid training for work-related personal development
- Paid vacations (35 days a year)
- Full-time telecommuting in a globally distributed team
- Co-working space membership or ergonomic desk equipment for home
- Fitness club or a local gym membership
How to apply?
To apply to a developer position at Patchstack, please include your contact information, background, and employment history including job titles, starting and ending dates of employment.
If you have any references to your previous work and links to additional information (e.g. LinkedIn, blog) please add those as well.