Paxful is one of the world’s leading peer-to-peer bitcoin marketplaces and a universal money translator. Powered by people and a secure escrow service, our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 payment methods that empowers both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in Estonia, with additional offices in New York, Hong Kong, and the Philippines. Currently, we have over 130 dedicated employees globally and are steadily growing by the day. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful employees tend to have:
- An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
- A proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
- Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
- Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
- An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
- Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
Sound like a fit?
What you'll be doing:
Write efficient, testable, and reusable code Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges Work closely with our developers and product owners in an agile team Help to troubleshoot, test and maintain the product Follow company coding standards Perform code reviews and mentor your peers Cover your code with tests
What you'll bring to the role:
- At least 3 years of experience in development
- Strong PHP and OOP skills
- Good knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with frameworks like Symfony, Laravel, Yii
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Experience working with high-load systems
- Solid understanding of security threats and “security by design” principles
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment
- Experience working in an international team
- Ability to travel for a one-time, one-month long training with our core team in Tallinn, Estonia. Tallinn is known for its medieval Old Town, surrounded by the sea and breathtaking greenery.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Experience with microservices
- An interest in cryptocurrencies
- Healthcare insurance, including dental and vision
- Catered lunch and dinner daily, with premium snacks
- Gym membership of your choice and personal training sessions
- Sports nutrition and supplements, massages and chiropractor sessions
- Training and professional development resources
- Paid company events and retreats
- Paid maternity/paternity leave including a one-time bonus to support newborn
- Commuter benefits
- Accessible office in the West Village
- Flexible hours
Working at Paxful, you get the opportunity to not only contribute your skills to the development of our innovative service offerings, but also the chance be a part of a company that is truly disrupting finance for good.
Paxful is the world’s largest Peer-to-Peer Bitcoin Marketplace and a universal money translator. Powered by people and blockchain technology, not big banks, we offer support for a payment system that empowers merchants and ecommerce shoppers. This opens up a new market of 2 billion people who have no access to banking services, but do have the ability to buy bitcoin via one of the 300+ payment methods enabled by Paxful.
We have grown rapidly as a company in the past year, but we have not let go of the exciting, collaborative start-up culture that made us who we are today. So, are you ready to grow with us?