We are looking for an incredibly talented backend developer to join our development team here at Propertyfinder. We believe in nurturing your talent and we encourage creativity and autonomy where you are free to grow and develop your career in a fun, forward thinking and positive environment.
As a company, we are very performance oriented and test the performance of all code and database queries, but we always ensure that this does not affect code quality and legibility. We take the time to refactor and rework code when necessary, but we always have the business goals in mind when doing this.
We expect our developers to be passionate about new technologies and think of creative ways that they could benefit our business. We want our developers to stay current with changes in technologies such as PHP, Symfony, Go, TypeScript, ElasticSearch and MongoDb.
We are big proponents of Agile development methods with small cross-functional teams fully empowered to take an idea from inception and to be able to deliver it fully tested into production with minimal outside disruptions. Because of this you will need to be able to work well with others in your team and be able to contribute meaningful ideas on how to best achieve your objectives and key results.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- In a large tech department, divided in smaller teams, you’ll be in charge of developing new features, as well as refactoring existing projects.
- You need to be able to write clean and scalable code.
- You’ll need to be able to participate in brainstorming sessions and to bring your opinion and experience to the table.
- PHP 7
- Experience working with MVC Frameworks, such as Zend or Symfony
- Very strong Object Oriented Programming and design pattern skills
- MySQL / Doctrine 2
- REST web services
- Git / Github
Nice to have skills:
- Comfortable working with testing frameworks
- Message Queuing / RabbitMQ
- Memcached or Redis