We are looking for a leader who is both an experienced web application developer and has previously participated in designing/developing a web application product from inception to launch and beyond. The Lead Developer at Worksite Safety will be fully responsible for the Qualify Software team, including all software development initiatives, while also actively participating as a contributor to the codebase and providing coaching and feedback to ensure high quality with the development team.
We are an energetic and creative team with a love of iterative growth. As a part of the team you will benefit not only from getting to do exciting, impactful work, but also sharing in the team’s success through our quarterly profit sharing program in addition to our more traditional benefits programs.
What Makes Our Team Great
- Creating Big Solutions - We are tackling interesting technology challenges as we get both the excitement and responsibility of building something from nothing.
- We’re Just the Right Size Team - We aren’t a megacorp nor are we a small ‘cowboy’ shop. We are just the right size for individuals that want to make a big impact, and want stability but don’t want to be a number.
- An Enjoyable Work Life - Though we take our work seriously, we believe a balance between concrete and time-bound project goals and a relaxed working environment that allows time for iteration and mental ‘white space’ is most conducive to great work
- Merit-based Compensation Package - Competitive pay based on a combination of market standards and your experience, an impact-weighted quarterly profit-sharing bonus program, and fully funded comprehensive health benefits plan
- Build a big (new) application, that will empower other teams and drive company growth as we disrupt our market with amazing new tools
- Be the software development leader, finding the path to excellence for the team, the product and each project.
- Participate in mentorship with other developers while working together to bring creative new solutions to market
- Collaborate on product development with the Founders and UX/UI team
- Lead from the front as an active contributor to codebase
- Participate in ideating, pitching and planning new application features and enhancements
The Tools You Need
- A strong track record of success with the Laravel PHP framework
- Previous experience providing mentorship/leadership to a growing team of software engineers
- Comfortable with writing, editing, and maintaining Unit/Feature tests
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- To be a communication pro, always able to pleasantly explain technical issues to a non-technical person
- Eager to research and learn in a self-directed way
- Experience with WooCommerce is an asset
Who We Are
Worksite Safety Compliance Centre is one of Canada’s leading providers of occupational health and safety services, and was recently listed on the Growth 500 as one of Canada's Fastest Growing Companies in 2018 and 2019 by Canadian Business and Maclean's.
We want to help workers stay safe, and help employers make it happen. We believe that work life should be enjoyable, and that creating a safe workplace should be enjoyable too. We do that through providing our clients with excellence in advice and service, as well as high quality training and tools.
Building Together - We work collaboratively because we know that everyone has great ideas and unique perspectives build a better result. We are stronger when we are all-in as one team.
Growing Through Experimentation - We relentlessly pursue our vision by improving and expanding what we do, experimenting with new ideas, and valuing tests over assumptions.
Being Surprisingly Helpful - We look for ways to surprise and delight by going above and beyond to help others, even when we don't stand to gain anything from it.
Enjoying our Work Life - Because our lives are better when we enjoy our work, we build genuine, positive, and supportive relationships with each other and inject a little fun wherever we can.