What is the job?
No matter how powerful and flexible you build a platform, at the end of the day it’s the tools you present to the user that define the experience. Radix is seeking a savvy UX expert to come build the experiences that will define the future of decentralized finance (DeFi).
DeFi has turned out to be the killer app that is taking public distributed ledgers from niche products for speculators and hobbyists to projects of global economic significance, and with it has come a new paradigm for user interfaces. Authentication models, interoperability expectations, and the entire concept of user accounts are all undergoing dramatic changes; at Radix you’ll have the opportunity to define the way forward while working at the very cutting edge of a space undergoing furious growth.
Working from a series of end-to-end user scenarios, you will wireframe delightful user experiences and pitch your design to a team of brilliant folks who care very deeply about the end result. Next, you’ll work with artists and UI experts to produce a consumable design with appropriate fonts, colors and iconography, after which you’ll move on to implementation with a small team. You’ll be primarily focused on delivering the front-end, but expect a healthy dose of implementing the requisite services you will consume, as well.
What are we looking for?
- You’re able to isolate the 90% case for user experiences. You think in terms of making the most common interactions effortless, rather than making anything possible.
- When discussing new capabilities, your first instinct is to think of the user story rather than the feature set.
- You don’t get wedded to ideas. You’re not reluctant to throw prototypes away when something isn’t working.
- You’re a confident coder who has built public-facing user interfaces in the past. You have some experience building REST services and/or WebSocket backends.
- You’re intelligent and learn quickly. Absolutely no one at Radix winds up only doing what’s in their job description, and adaptability is essential.
What do you need?
- 4+ years as a professional software engineer
- Fluent with React or Vue
- Comfortable with Java or C#
- A love for all things crypto is a huge plus!
Who are we?
At Radix, we're a team of like-minded thinkers who have long been convinced that we're living in the earliest stages of a global financial revolution. This revolution is being fuelled by decentralized finance (or DeFi for short), which is enabling an assortment of pioneering developers and entrepreneurs to re-invent almost every financial product that is currently traded and invested in traditional markets, without requiring central authorities or siloed infrastructure. DeFi has captured a great deal of attention and investment in the crypto-aware niche, growing assets under management from $1 billion to $40 billion in less than a year. Impressive as its growth has been, its current market size isn't even a rounding error on the over $111 trillion held in traditional finance. We're focused on what it will take to go from billions to trillions.
Radix went back to first principles to come up with the right technical solution—the first layer-one protocol built specifically for mainstream DeFi—and we have already tested out at over 1 million transactions per second. We're keenly aware that the need for an infinitely scalable platform is only one prerequisite among many for mass adoption, and we're also blazing new ground in the areas of purpose-built developer tools, user experiences, and regulatory integration.
We have forged a path deep into the future of what distributed ledger technology is going to look like and we need you to come and be part of the team that is making that happen right now.
If this job sounds like it was made for you, then please apply directly via the link or email email@example.com for more information.