No matter how powerful and flexible you build a platform, at the end of the day it’s the tools you present to the user that define the experience. Radix is seeking a savvy UX expert to come build the experiences that will define the future of decentralized finance (DeFi).
DeFi has turned out to be the killer app that is taking public distributed ledgers from niche products for speculators and hobbyists to projects of global economic significance, and with it has come a new paradigm for user interfaces. Authentication models, interoperability expectations, and the entire concept of user accounts are all undergoing dramatic changes; at Radix you’ll have the opportunity to define the way forward while working at the very cutting edge of a space undergoing furious growth.
Working from a series of end-to-end user scenarios, you will wireframe delightful user experiences and pitch your design to a team of brilliant folks who care very deeply about the end result. Next, you’ll work with artists and UI experts to produce a consumable design with appropriate fonts, colors and iconography, after which you’ll move on to implementation with a small team. You’ll be primarily focused on delivering the front-end, but expect a healthy dose of implementing the requisite services you will consume, as well.
We labor in the service of our great master, Cerberus. Cerberus is the first model of consensus that delivers high throughput via sharding without sacrificing the central need of decentralized finance—the ability to atomically perform transactions across disparate shards. We call him “Cerby” for short.
Though geographically diverse, we are an exceptionally close-knit team. We count on each other, and we take comfort in knowing the team is always there to step in and take up the load when we run into tough problems. A few times a year we all fly to an exotic destination for a week of planning, hacking, and festivities (except when driven underground by the covid beast). The anticipation leading up to these “Radix summits” is the adult version of looking forward to your favorite holiday.
Decentralized finance and Ethereum are groaning under the stress of too many users pounding square-peg needs into a round-hole platform. We went back to first principles to come up with the right solution, and we have already tested out at over 1 million transactions per second. We have forged a path deep into the future of what distributed ledger technology is going to look like, together with the business case that assures adoption, and we need you to come and be part of the team that is making that happen right now. Join us!
- You’re able to isolate the 90% case for user experiences. You think in terms of making the most common interactions effortless, rather than making anything possible.
- When discussing new capabilities, your first instinct is to think of the user story rather than the feature set.
- You don’t get wedded to ideas. You’re not reluctant to throw prototypes away when something isn’t working.
- You’re a confident coder who has built public-facing user interfaces in the past. You have some experience building REST services and/or WebSocket backends.
- You’re intelligent and learn quickly. Absolutely no one at Radix winds up only doing what’s in their job description, and adaptability is essential.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
- 4+ years as a professional software engineer.
- Familiar with a design/engineering collaboration tool such as InVision, Zeplin,
- Adobe XD, Sketch, or a similar product.
- Comfortable with Java or C#.
- Fluency with React or Vue is a big plus.
- Work remotely on your own schedule
- Grow quickly along with the company
- Work at the cutting edge of a new technology
- Education budget to use as you see fit for developing your skills
We're a highly ambitious team, energized by the desire to create beautiful and efficient software that solves real issues. We work closely together, with a workflow that allows us to be both independent and work collaboratively as we go.
We're multilingual, multinational, and are always keen to increase our diversity with talented people.