With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 200 remote-first employees around the globe processing hundreds of millions of dollars in sales every month.
We're looking for a Front End Engineer to join our feature team and collaborate on a critical part of the platform by delivering world class features to our end users. This team is responsible for developing end user customer experiences, making sure they function as designed, and are delivered on time. You'll be working on a SaaS user experience used by millions of people every month and powers over 10,000 online stores. We value simple solutions and look for engineers who use a customer first approach to solving problems.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx, Snowflake, Looker, Matillion
What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Write web components in Vue.js, Jinja/HTML, and SASS focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Implement new technologies to solve ReCharge’s technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Work with engineering and product managers to understand roadmap priorities.
- Build new UI patterns while also refactoring older ones.
- Assist with documentation of new features, contributing to the documentation of existing ones.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application and help identify and fix front-end bugs and issues.
- Propose new methods and approaches to old solutions, helping to improve/develop standards.
- Work and collaborate with both the design and backend development teams to help build new features or update existing ones.
What You'll Bring
- Typically, 5+ years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- 3+ years experience with HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient with build tools, Webpack, preprocessors, and asset pipeline
- Proficient with collaborative tools like Git
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self motivated with a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Excellent communication skills, a team player with a ‘winning as a team’ attitude
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with the BEM methodology, SEO and optimization principles, UX and page optimizations
- Experience with Python, Flask, Jinja (or liquid)
- Experience with Shopify theme or plugin development a huge plus
- Experience with browser compatibility tools or techniques, Browserstack
In 2015, we built ReCharge to make payments easy for everyone. By constantly finding solutions for customers to reorder products, we’ve helped over 10,000 online merchants dramatically grow and thrive. We have two missions at ReCharge: make it easy for people to sell subscription products online, and create an amazing remote-first culture.
The first mission began as three people working out of a small apartment, trying to solve one of the biggest problems facing Shopify merchants: recurring payments. Now we’re at the forefront of recurring billing software, empowering thousands of entrepreneurs to sell their products as subscriptions, and processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week.
Our culture is remote-first and we stay connected every day using Slack and video chat. Being part of a small, fast-growing company is exciting. The opportunities to grow and take ownership at ReCharge are endless and we’ll make sure you have everything you need to do your best work and make an impact.