Here's the tl;dr:
- At Rise, we are on a mission to help teams get more important work done. We do that by building a calendar that gives teams more time to focus on what matters.
- We're experienced people, have built companies before and we've raised $3M from top tier investors like Stewart Butterfield (founder Slack), Adriaan Mol (founder Messagebird, Mollie) and Lachy Groom.
- We're focussed on doing great work and letting you do just that. We're distributed, do almost everything async and are super flexible about when we work (we're all parents of young kids so you can probably find us on the playground whenever we're not working).
- We'll offer a competitive salary in the range of €80 – 120k plus stock options.
This is Rise
We set out to build a company that helps teams make the most of their time. Why? Because time is the most valuable asset we can spend only once. Becoming more aware of the fact that we have limited time is one of our key beliefs. And, not coincidentally, the central point in Rick’s bestselling book, launching internationally in February 2022.
The Rise web app is written in TypeScript using React and Mobx. It is using websockets to receive real-times updates from the backend. We are looking for a frontend engineer to take the web app to the next level.
What you'll be working on
As an early engineer you'll work on many different aspects of the product. A few examples:
- Improvements to our Rise cmd-K Command Center: enable users to quickly navigate and manage their calendars from one uniform component
- Work with our backend team to define a scalable and extensible API
- Improve the app reliability by applying different types of test coverage (integration, unit, etc)
What our ideal candidate looks like 💅
- Extensive experience with CSS
- Extensive experience with React and/or Angular
- Cares a lot about high quality, readable, structured code. Advocates best practices and architecture patterns. Is able to make trade-offs between extensibility, optimization and execution speed. Empowers others by reviewing code.
- Proficient with different types of testing (integration, unit, stress, etc)
- Has a habit of being paranoid about security and privacy (input validation, network encryption, authentication, authorization)
- Is autonomous, able to independently pick up tasks and full projects and work through them end-to-end
- Is product and user minded: is always focused on how their work will impact or optimize the experience of Rise users
We realize that as a founding team we're from similar backgrounds, that we have unconscious biasses and that we have work to do here. This is why we explicitly want to invite and encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.