At Sano, we’re revolutionising the way personalised medicine research is conducted, making it more efficient and more human-centric!
Our platform empowers Pharma, Biotechs, Population Genomics Initiatives, and Patient Organizations to run digital and at-home personalised medicine research that is faster, more cost-effective, and more diverse and inclusive than traditional methods. We understand that participating in research can be a difficult and unfulfilling experience for patients. That’s why we are committed to making it easier for individuals to contribute to medical science on their own terms and get more in return.
Join our team of over 60 dedicated individuals as we continue to grow and shape our company culture and mission.
We need a skilled, reliable, and self-motivated frontend engineer who will largely be responsible for:
- Improve the user experience of the patient-engagement web platform through user-centric design and rapid iteration of new features with feedback from users.
- Implement innovative and user-friendly functionality for visualising genomic and health data, and collecting data for research studies.
- Be a good team player with strong communication skills. We love discussing new ideas and concepts so it’s important to be organised and be able to explain your thought process.
- Highly skilled in the front-end JS framework Vue.JS to create dynamic user-experiences. Knowledge of composition API is preferred.
- Background in automated end-to-end testing particularly Cypress or Vite unit testing.
- Standard practice of cross browser testing and knowledge of WAI accessibility criteria and experience in coding to meet at least level AA.
- A good understanding of visual design (making things look beautiful for screens of all sizes).
- Have a reasonable understanding of source version control (Git)
Having some familiarity with the following would be an added bonus:
- Experience using pre-rendering in Vue/Nuxt.
- Exposure to SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL) and know how to use a database client.
- Understanding of the process of a request being sent from the frontend, received by the backend, hitting the database (or not) and a response being sent back.
- Remote-first workplace within UK
- Up to 45 Working Days Abroad
- Flexible working hours
- Stock options
- Up to 40 days holidays through buy back, 25 days as standard + 8 bank holidays
- £1,200 work from home stipend
- Company Issued Laptop
- Full health insurance with access to all UK private hospitals/specialists and £0 excess - possibility to add family members at reduced price
- Premium dental insurance
- Life & Income protection insurance
- 16 weeks full pay parental leave (for both mothers and fathers)
- Workplace nursery sacrifice scheme with nursery of your choice
- Cycle and tech salary sacrifice scheme
- Quarterly 2 days off-site socials
- Up to £1,000 year in learning & development
- Increased pension contribution via Royal London
We can only accept applications from those eligible to live and work in the UK or in the USA (for specific roles). We are unable to sponsor visas for this position.
In addition, as part of our due diligence process, we will be conducting basic DBS checks on successful candidates. As per the The code of practice published under section 122 of the Police Act 1997, we are committed to treating all candidates fairly and are happy to share our Equal Opportunities and Ex-Offender policy on request.
Sano Genetics welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.