Shelterluv is looking to hire an experienced full-stack Laravel developer, with an emphasis on those experienced in or willing to learn how to work within the “TALL” stack (Tailwind CSS/Alpine.js/Laravel/Livewire). Our engineering team is remote, so you can work from anywhere in the United States.
What You'll Be Doing
Our platform currently has three active applications. Your work will be on an as-of-yet unreleased application that adapts much of the work currently done in a legacy environment. This application takes advantage of a modern PHP to deliver an interactive, mobile-friendly experience for shelters and adopters alike.
This role will be focused on building out various aspects of this application, including:
- Implementing designer-created mockups using Laravel Blade, Livewire, and Alpine.js.
- Using Livewire, Eloquent, and other Laravel-based tools to build a performant and mobile-friendly application.
- Writing reusable front end components to streamline our design process
We're looking for someone who not only cares about writing good code but is excited about building apps to directly help save the lives of animals. Because we're still a young company with a small product team, each of our engineers has a lot of ownership in the technical and UX direction of new features. Our ideal hire is someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment: taking initiative on new ideas, collaborating with other engineers and product managers, and challenging the status quo when necessary.
But even though we're a startup, we all know that the best code will only happen when we’re working a reasonable number of hours, so except in highly unusual circumstances, we don’t put in more than 40 hours / week.
We'd love to talk to you if you're an engineer with some combination of the below:
- Several years of experience building apps with Laravel
- Experience interpreting mockups made with tools like Sketch or Figma and converting them into code.
- Experience with or exposure to either AlpineJS or Tailwind
- Experience writing mobile-friendly CSS and semantic HTML
- Knowledge of PHPUnit testing
- Enthusiasm for learning about and moving between our different stacks
- Strong English communication skills
We don’t expect you to walk in knowing all the tools we use, but you’ll get bonus points if you have some amount of experience with:
- Experience interacting with internal and/or third party APIs
- Experience with VueJS
- Experience with Cypress or other E2E testing tools.
If you're interested, please email email@example.com with a copy of your resume and let us know why you'd be a great fit for our team!
Shelterluv makes software for animal welfare organizations. We help our customers manage every aspect of the rehoming process from intakes to adoptions, as well as handle payments, manage foster programs, and keep animals healthy with up to date medical data. We believe that anyone can make a difference when given the right tools. We're dedicated to making sure that Shelterluv can help shelters and rescues everywhere.