We’re Signkick, a pioneering Adtech company on a mission to revolutionise an industry. Our flagship product, Signkick Trading Bridge, is designed to connect Out-of-Home (that’s billboards, bus stops and other advertising outside of our homes) media owners with buyers and brands looking to advertise. But our mission doesn’t stop there. We’re automating this connection to help them deliver more dynamic, creative and efficient advertising than ever before. Innovative stuff for an industry still handling bookings via spreadsheets and phone calls.
For our R&D team based in Amsterdam, that means building and connecting APIs, setting standards, dealing with high-throughput and large datasets – all with smart processing. We then top it off with seriously slick UI which allows clients to manage campaigns, configure their connections and analyse trading.
The next part of our tech offering is Console, an e-commerce solution that lets media owners sell direct to advertisers.
By joining our tight-knit team you’ll be integral to developing and delivering this product as it continues to evolve. We move fast for our clients through smart use of the latest technologies, We care about quality and doing things right from the beginning.
If you want to work with complex distributed systems at the forefront of technological development alongside an internationally diverse team with a passion for software development submit your interest and let’s talk.
Things we value
Passion, freedom and responsibility. Loyalty, trust and transparency. But above all, we want good people who dream big!
About the job
As Senior Back-end Engineer, you’ll form an integral part of Signkick’s core development team. This team is responsible for all aspects of our software development including requirement engineering, the CI/CD pipeline, QA tooling set-up and processes and, of course, building great software and getting it live.
Working directly with the CTO/co-founder and the product owner you’ll build new features that empower our customers, improve the scalability and reliability of our products. You’ll build integrations with our customer and supplier systems as well as the integrations with media players that power digital billboards. You’ll see your work in action in the real world. We’re growing fast too, so you’ll also help with setting standards and scaling our development process across the board.
What skills do you need?
- Proven working experience with most of the following (or similar): PHP 7+, Symfony 3/4, Doctrine, MySQL 5.7+, MongoDB 4+, GraphQL, RabbitMQ
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- An uncontrollable urge to write clean and well-designed code
- 3+ years of software development experience with PHP
- A love of working in a lean and agile environment
- The drive to take ownership of a project from start to finish
- The ability to learn quickly
- No time for ‘Not Invented Here’ syndrome
- An affinity with our core values
- A good understanding of English (written and spoken)
It helps if you have…
- Previously worked in a high-growth environment
- A BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Kibana
- Experience with architectural patterns like DDD, CQRS and hexagonal architecture
- Experience with ESB systems (WSO2 or likewise) and Angular 2+
What we offer
- An opportunity to work on a complex distributed platform that has an impact in the real world — the platform is used to book advertising that is visible outdoors
- A low tech-debt environment. We take technical debt seriously and actively work to keep it to a minimum
- A fun, internationally diverse team
- Market rate salary and share options depending on your skills and experience
- A real challenge and interesting work
- Support for creativity and innovation
- Valuable experience – being part of a small team means you’ll have unique opportunities to broaden your skills
- You can BYOD or we’ll supply you with the latest Apple hardware
- Initial 12-month contract with a view to making it an open-ended contract (‘onbepaalde tijd’)
- A generous budget for training and conferences to keep up with the latest technology
- Regular company parties and away days including a yearly ski trip and boating on the canals
- A bright workspace in WeWork Metropool with amazing views of Amsterdam and, importantly, unlimited coffee and beer on tap