We are looking for a Front End Engineer who cares deeply about creating great software within an agile team of developers. You will be responsible for working with the team to design, create and improve our website and apps.
We'd like you to:
- Create efficient, reusable and flexible UI components using Vue.js
- Be part of Snap’s greenfield adoption of a native JS based framework
- Be a major stakeholder in the development of Snap’s greenfield customer facing app, as well as the continued development of our drivers’ app
- Participate in peer code review
- Help us Architect as we scale.
What our Technology means to us:
- Open Source frameworks are key – Vue.js, Python, Django Rest Framework, PHP and Laravel
- Relational databases are core to our business – MySQL, PostgreSQL
- We cannot live without our NoSQL databases – Redis, Neo4J
- We spend time building our product, not other peoples’ – Heroku, Intercom, Google Tag Manager, Hotjar
- We care about modern engineering – Restful API’s, ES6, design patterns, Pep8, AirBnB js Styleguide
- We care about each other – peer reviews, architectural cohesion
- We love to learn – cutting-edge technologies (Weex), conference and training budgets
We'd like you to aspire to:
- Be keen to capitalise on your previous years of experience as a Front End Developer and move into the forefront of one of our small teams
- Desire to continue to write clean and testable code
- Enjoy working within an Agile environment, and feel comfortable estimating the complexity of your work
- Love working with other sociable people in an open and collaborative way
- Celebrate personal successes
- Acknowledge our failures as a team
- Your benefits will include holiday entitlement of 25 days per year for a full time employee, in addition to public holidays
- Slack first
- Gentle dress code
- Access to the company share options scheme
- Craft beer in the fridge for weekly retrospectives
- There’s also lunch and learns (think TED talks with free lunch!) weekly company check-ins (free beer – other options are available!) an open forum with the exec team for discussing the company’s direction and open floor discussion of the things which matter most
- Periodic company wide Quality Day projects
- You will have access to Perkbox, our team benefits platform that gives you access to over 200 perks such as big brand discounts; premium rewards and lifestyle perks
- You will be enrolled into our workplace pension scheme. We’ll make employer contributions into your retirement pot and you’ll make member contributions
- You will also receive free travel on Snap coach services – a benefit that will only grow as we grow!
Snap is transforming how we travel from city to city.
Snap is a travel tech start up. We are changing the face of intercity transport through on-demand coach travel.
Backed with a superb mix of institutional and private investors (led by Kindred Capital), we're building a team of curious and capable transport and technology obsessed folk based in our Walthamstow head office and across the UK.