Stackbit is hiring a full stack engineer that will help us redefine how the web is built. Join Stackbit’s founding engineering team and make a massive impact on the company’s technology, products, culture, and success.
About the role
- Initiate, own and build new products and features, improve existing products and features
- Estimate, plan and execute at world class code quality, architecture and technologies
- Keep growing and expanding your development experience across the stack and to other technologies and platforms
- Participate in shaping the product: work with customers to solve their problems, delivering a great and delightful user experience.
- Communicate clearly with the team, be a mentor and a leader
- Work from anywhere in the world, we’ll support your home office or a co-working space and keep meetings to a minimum
- Technologies we currently use: Node.JS, React, SSGs, all other JAMstack components
- 5+ years of professional full stack web development experience, working across the stack from the database, through the backend to the UI
- You’re a real problem solver that can understand and solve very complex issues. * You’re curious, embrace challenges and see them as opportunities to learn new things
- Entrepreneurial: can adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions, understands the value of iterations
- Product oriented: building for the user to solve their problems
- You’re flexible and can easily shift between extremely quick and dirty POCs and gold plated launch products
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have a can-do approach and positive impact on the team surrounding you
Websites are the building blocks of the internet and many millions of new ones are created every year. The way we create and engineer websites is changing thanks to the constant evolution of tools, best practices and needs. We're seeing websites being statically generated, served from CDNs, edited using Headless CMSs and wired up with a myriad of developer workflows. New ideas like the JAMstack, Serverless computing and GitOps enable us to create more performant and secure websites.
Building The New Internet
One side effect of new, raw technologies is that they can increase the level of expertise required to get the job done. We recognize this gap between the available technologies and the needs of professionals as the product gap. At Stackbit our mission is to solve this gap - We're creating technology, products and services to help professionals "Get Websites Done".