At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. We offer hundreds of thousands of audiobooks and ebooks to customers in more than 20 markets, with several new markets launching in the coming year. Storytel is Northern Europe's largest audiobook streaming service and we’re now looking for a fullstack developer to join the team! Storytel’s vision is to make the world a more empathic and creative place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed anytime, anywhere by anyone.
About the Team
Conversion & Activation is mainly responsible for that short, but highly important part of our users’ journey between the signup and starting a subscription. Using techniques such as A/B and multivariate testing, we aim at finding that sweet spot between an amazing user experience and an optimized inflow of new curiosity-fueled readers/listeners, on both web and mobile apps. Along with this focus on Conversion Rate Optimization, our team also gives support to several tools used across the business that help on data-driven decision making.
A full-stack/frontend developer in our team will be an active part in making architectural decisions, planning and building new features as well as giving support to the existing tools.
About the Role
As a developer at Storytel, you will work with experienced colleagues across a wide field of technologies. Being cross-functional teams, our development scope goes from behind the scenes in the backend and its infrastructure, ending in the apps and our web. We are expanding and are looking for experienced full-stack/frontend developers to join us and help us shape our product. We host our services in Google Cloud Platform using a variety of languages, and we’re currently shifting our web to React and Svelte. Strong believers in trust and freedom - we have established a culture to enable experimentation and learning
To be successful in this role we believe that you have
- 📲 At least 3-4 years of experience working with frontend technologies - React +/- Svelte
- ☁️Experience working with cloud services - Google Cloud Platform, Azure, AWS, or similar
- 🧠Experience writing appropriate and useful Unit Tests
- ⌨️General knowledge around Database schema design and querying - MySQL, Postgres, etc.
- 🇬🇧Excellent at writing and speaking English
And for some bonus points:
- 📲 Experience coding HTTP services in typed languages - Java, C#, Go, etc.
- 👩💻 If you also have Dev ops experience, that is a big plus
- ⭐ Experience in building APIs for Web and Mobile applications
- 🧠 A/B testing
What we offer
- Participate in developing a top-notch streaming entertainment platform used by over a million users worldwide
- Plenty of autonomy and responsibility
- Your own yearly education budget
- A workplace that values creativity and personal initiative
- Limitless audio and ebooks from our own service
- An international team of super-talented colleagues
- Explore, work, and implement some of the newest and hottest technologies
- A company full of book lovers
- Ability to work from any of our offices in Umeå, Stockholm, Karlstad, Lund, and Copenhagen
Does this sound like you? If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, let us know and we will contact you as soon as possible.