We're building a new, interactive and motivating way of doing yoga (and soon other sports) from home. With Strydal clients can join yoga classes from their favorite teachers and get personal coaching via live video. We make this possible by supporting teachers to build their own online business and teach via live video, with a technology platform that's taylor-made for this use-case.
We believe that the next evolutional step of home training has rich human interaction and community built right in and that practicing yoga at home should be a very personal and convenient experience. Which is why we combine the best of real-life 1-on-1 and small-group coaching, with cutting-edge technology to create a whole new home yoga experience.
Strydal is a Munich-based early stage start-up with first funding in the transition from beta to scale phase.
About this position
As we transition out of our beta phase, we're looking to extend our 7-people strong distributed team with a talented Frontend Web Developer interested in building the future of home training. You’ll be working in a completely distributed team of 4 developers and 1 designer. As an early joiner you'll have profound impact on the product and tech architecture, so a strong willingness to work independently, take ownership and contribute to decision making is crucial.
What you'll need to succeed
- 3+ years of experience as a Frontend Web Developer
- Profound knowledge of React and web technologies in general
- Strong interest and skills for building complex web UI's
- Ability to work independently in an ambitious, fast-paced team
- (optional) Experience working with live video applications
- (optional) Knowledge of Typescript and/or GreenSock
- Create and deliver core features of our product on a weekly basis
- Work close with founding team and designer to create user interfaces that delight our users
- Build complex UI's including live-video, real-time remote interaction and animations
- Contribute to defining our working methods and processes as the team grows (optional) Develop your leadership and people management skills
Our tech stack
- Our web frontend is built with React
- Our backend services are written primarily in Ruby (Rails)
- Our infrastructure lives on AWS and Heroku
- We use a real-time data pipeline built on top of Web Sockets
Our offer to you
- The opportunity to have a measurable impact within a growing, mission-driven company
- A flat hierarchy that embraces ownership and promotes creative freedom
- Choose your working hours and routine — you know what works best for you
- Work from wherever you want, while still being part of a very motivated team
- Office budget so you can work from your favorite co-working space
- A free Strydal membership for your own usage
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and other relevant documents to email@example.com.