Supporting Cast seeks a passionate, creative developer with Laravel experience to expand on Supporting Cast’s premium podcasting platform. As a key member of our team, you'll be helping independent podcasters, networks, and media companies improve their financial sustainability and build direct relationships with their most passionate fans. You'll be joining a small development team and will be in a position to have a huge influence on our rapidly evolving product. Working here provides the dynamic excitement of a startup, and the stability and competitive compensation of an established employer.
We are a small remote-first team and will consider any candidates that can work US East Coast hours. If you prefer to work in an office, our parent company, Slate, has locations in both Washington DC and Brooklyn NY.
- Learn a lot about the fast-growing podcast industry and the fast-growing membership-service space
- Scale an application vertically as we onboard new clients and add tens of thousands of members per month
- Scale an application horizontally as we evaluate and implement new technologies and stacks beyond Laravel and PHP
- Build and maintain an API for clients
- Build and maintain implementations for other websites, including but not limited to WordPress plug-ins and JS/iFrame embeds
- Maintain and optimize advanced CDN (Fastly), e-commerce (Stripe), and DevOps (AWS) integrations
- Play an important role in product, business, and hiring conversations
- 2+ years of experience with Laravel
- 1+ years of experience with Vue.js
- Familiarity with Linux, cloud computing, and SQL databases
- PostgreSQL, Redis and/or Google BigQuery
- CDN strategies
- WordPress and WooCommerce
- Fastly and Varnish
- Experience with and/or passion for the podcast ecosystem
Our Current Tech Stack:
- App: PHP/Laravel, Vue, Nginx, Varnish, Redis, Postgres, Docker
- DevOps: AWS (Lamda, EC2, EB, Pipeline, S3, System Manager, etc.), Fastly CDN
- Key vendors and partners: AWS, Google Cloud Computing, Stripe, Wordpress, Fastly
Supporting Cast enables podcasters and audiobook publishers to launch podcast subscription programs and sell premium audio content that listeners can access through their podcast apps. Created by Slate following the success of Slate Plus, we now work with some of the largest podcasters and audiobook publishers in the industry.
As an internal startup, our small team is very much part of Slate’s warm, inclusive, and unique business culture. Slate has a history of successful internal startups, having previously spun off Social Code and Megaphone as successful independent companies.
Supporting Cast is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will do what we can to meet your needs.
Supporting Cast & Slate are affiliates of Graham Holdings. Read the Graham Holdings Company California Worker Privacy Statement here.