Who are we?
We are The Greenhouse People Ltd, a Staffordshire (UK) based Greenhouse manufacturer and retailer who've been in the business since 1989 - over 30 years! We are a company that prides ourselves on providing the absolute best experience that we can to our customers, and we have the reputation, reviews, and testimonials to back up our efforts.
Why do we need a development team?
Throughout our many years of growth, we've always been incredibly proactive and progressive in terms of the technologies and systems we employ to allow us to run the way we need to and to provide nothing but positive experiences when working with us or buying from us.
We've never really seen the appeal of off-the-shelf software; we don't think we really fit into any standard size boxes we've found - and most would require that we change the way we work. This isn't ideal because we aren't just an e-commerce oriented business - we design, procure, manufacturer, retail (both online, and through our 35 display sites up and down the UK), and transport. We're simultaneously a manufacturer, retailer, and logistics company, and we have developed our own internal systems to aid us - from customer-facing websites, internal sales and analytics platforms, through to our fulfilment and distribution systems.
For over a decade we've been working incredibly closely with talented local businesses to supply our need for development, and we now believe that we're ready to build a small team to act as the backbone of our systems. This year we've taken our first steps toward this goal, and we're already looking for another software developer to join us, and help to take us even further.
Ultimately, we need to expand our permanent development team to help to facilitate the growth we're currently experiencing, and to help nurture the growth that we're planning for - and in this department, we have a lot of plans.
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for an experienced and driven individual who's working at the level of a Senior Software Developer, capable of working collaboratively in a small but focused team. We want to find someone passionate about their skillset, who thrives on problem-solving, prides themselves on being open and honest, and who can't help but smile when they see the positive impact their efforts have on colleagues and customers alike.
We're looking for someone who ticks a lot of these boxes:
- Expert knowledge of PHP
- Expert knowledge of Laravel
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL
- Nice to have: Experienced with Vue
- Advanced knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Advanced knowledge of Git or other Version Control systems
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience in Automated Testing
- Experience in Project Specification and System Architecture
- Experience in maintaining/refactoring legacy PHP systems
- No active development, but some of our systems predate Laravel!
- Experience in an English speaking working environment
- If UK Based, capable of working in our Staffordshire office
What are we offering?
We're sure we're a great place to work, but here's a list of things that might help you make up your mind:
- A competitive salary of £35,000 to £45,000, DOE.
- State of the Art Equipment (We never want the hardware you work on to stand in your way.)
- Opportunity for Remote Working (During the ongoing health crisis remote working is something we're currently enforcing, but if UK based, we'd sometimes like to work with you in the office!)
- Team Laracast Account
- Company Pension
- Personal Training
- Bean-to-cup Coffee Machine (if you're working with us in the office)
Are you interested?
If you feel like you'd be a good fit for this role, please get in touch by emailing your details to nadine.baggaley or rob.milward (at greenhousepeople.co.uk).