As a Digital Developer for The Telegraph you will provide technical solutions for commercial campaigns published across our digital channels - including interactive experiences, apps and any other formats, ensuring all work produced is of the highest quality, meets deadlines, is on budget, and optimised.
You'll assist other parts of the business by providing tools and product build & maintenance services as required, and produce product prototypes that assist the sales team securing new/recurring businesses.
- Build and maintain campaign components such as interactive elements, apps, display advertisements, etc., ensuring they answer the brief fully and are delivered on time.
- Build and maintain products and tools that assist improving campaign efficiency and data insight, including for other areas of the business as and when required.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use, optimise application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Build internal solutions across the different departments.
- Constantly refine the code output to improve the campaign performance that leads to the results that matter to our clients.
- Take ownership of the project and be responsible for the quality and punctuality from the initial stage through to the final production and delivery.
- Constantly improve the workflow, liaising with other areas of the business as necessary, to achieve the maximum production efficiency.
- Attend internal meetings to capture the campaign objectives and technical requirements, as well as client amends.
- Contribute to sales pitches by producing product prototypes.
- Advice designers to ensure the proposed campaign component is technically feasible and utilising the best possible technology.
- Liaise with Designers to ensure the visual assets are prepared correctly for deployment.
- Follow the campaign management system workflow strictly and record accurate timesheet daily.
- Collaborate with fellow team members as well as colleagues from other areas of the business as necessary to ensure the timely product deployment.
- Stay abreast of emerging technology trends and feedback to the team to help forming new production methods, product ideas and strategies.
- Troubleshoot: identify and solve problems.
- Sound understanding of good coding principles.
- Ability to produce responsive, cross-browser, cross-platform compatible codebase.
- Good experience with Git and other version control systems.
- Extensive experience in industry standard IDEs.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Good understanding of UX/UI design principles.
- Good knowledge of using online analytics and of their meaning and terminology.
- Basic ability to use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and other Adobe products.
- Ability to work as part of a wider team and liaise with the sales team, editors, picture desk, designers and project managers to achieve the common goal.
What you can expect from us if successful:
- The Telegraph supports flexible working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including on-site gym, massages, GPs and more).
- In-role development and access to formal development.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.