The Wild Neighbors Database Project is looking to contract with an experienced full-stack Laravel/Vuejs developer who wants an opportunity to work on a unique and meaningful application. The Wild Neighbors Database Project is a a fully remote US based 501(c)3 non-profit organization which promotes international wildlife rehabilitation by developing online data management software and helping implement its use worldwide to gather and exchange wildlife data. We are a small team of dedicated individuals intent on supporting and improving the lives of wildlife everywhere. It is a tough job but we are equal to the task.
What You Will be Doing
You will be working with our lead developer architecting and planning features at all stages of a project lifecycle, and have the opportunity to recommend and build new features. This position will give you the opportunity to work on applications that solve specific real-world challenges facing wildlife professions.
What Is The Ideal Candidate Like?
- You should be detail-oriented, thorough, and obsessed with pixel-perfect design.
- You should be able to anticipate problems and plan ahead for them.
- You should be self-motivated, organized, and able to manage your time wisely.
- You should be fluent in English and able to communicate well.
- You should have a passion for wildlife conservation, birding or natural sciences.
- Required experience with the following technologies: PHP (5 years), Laravel (3 years), MySQL (3 years).
- Proficiency with the Vue.js ecosystem using Inertia.js
- Proficiency with Tailwind CSS
- Good understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with both consuming and designing RESTful APIs is a plus
- Understanding of domain driven design
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Understanding of key design principles
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Principal Responsibilities And Duties
- Keep project manager well informed of the status of development efforts.
- Write clean structured and well-documented code.
- Be a thought leader on the team, advocating best practices in security, testing, accessibility, and maintainability.
- Work with management to develop strategy and multi-year technology roadmaps.
Compensation: $75/hr – $90/hr (depending on your experience)
- Start date: January/February 2023
- Fully remote based role
- Contractor 1099 position
- Based in North America
- Salary range: $75/hr – $90/hr depending on your experience and could also be agreed on in your local currency
How to Apply
We would love to see some examples of your work, engaging, interactive apps / demos built with the skills required for the job, your github account, your blog (if you have one) and a cover letter with answers to at least the following questions:
- Why would you like to work with The Wild Neighbors Database Project?
- Can you share at least one piece of work you are really proud of and which falls in line with the job specifications.
- Can you give us a brief description about your background, how do you work, what motivates you and how do you manage to work remotely?
Please send all of the above in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promise to personally respond to every single application that at least has the word “cat” mentioned in the cover letter. We will be accepting submissions until Jan 31, 2023.
The Wild Neighbors Database Project is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are open to all backgrounds and never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.