Join our dynamic Software Engineering department as a PHP Developer and help shape the future of the world's largest hotel search. With around 3 billion requests per month, we are operating on a large scale in a complex and rapidly evolving IT landscape. We encourage all team members to question established processes and give them the freedom to experiment with new technologies in order to drive trivago to the next level.
What you'll do:
- Develop our high traffic web applications (e.g. price comparison, hotel booking or B2B applications).
- Implement new website features.
- Set-up efficient and high performing database queries in MySQL.
What you'll definitely need:
- Has extensive PHP knowledge and experience.
- Has experience with software engineering, preferably in a high-performance environment.
- Is familiar with the term dependency injection.
- Enjoys technical challenges and is eager to explore new technologies.
- Holds an academic degree in the field of IT or has successfully completed a comparable apprenticeship.
- Speaks English (our company language) fluently.
Life at trivago is:
- A unique culture with a strong sense of community and an agile, international work environment.
- The opportunity for self-driven individuals to have a direct impact on the business.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success
- The belief that factual proof is the driving force behind all decisions and determines the way forward.
- The chance to develop personally and professionally due to a strong feedback culture and access to training and workshops.
- Flexibility for all employees to contribute value and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- A state-of-the-art campus with world-class ergonomics that supports your health and happiness, 30+ sports and a multi-cuisine cafeteria to satisfy your inner foodie.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- Large and impressive technology stack
- Self determined working hours and holidays
- Personal development opportunities ie. Tech conferences
- Dynamic and diverse work atmosphere
- Opportunity to work for 4 weeks per year in our Palma office
- Regular events ie. hackathons
- Regular team events
- Permanent contract with competitive salary
trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
Do you want to join a team of entrepreneurs from over 50 different nationalities? To work in an environment powered by passion where no two days are the same?
At trivago we use the latest innovative technologies to empower our users to find their ideal hotel 100 times a second, across 55 different locales world-wide and in 33 different languages.