UpgradeStay is seeking a Full-stack Developer for an immediate contract opportunity with possible hire and relocation opportunity follow-on.
UpgradeStay is a hotel sharing marketplace, creating a new category of travel options that make high quality lodging affordable for price sensitive travelers. As AirBnB transformed the travel landscape with a sharing economy solution that leveraged under-utilized space in private homes, we are halving the cost of hotel stays through a radical partnership with the hotel industry itself. Our initial consumer focus is on US-based aircrew (pilots and flight attendants), who need frequent hotels in the same locations.
What we’ve built so far
We have built a Laravel 5.7 API alongside a Laravel Nova admin for managing our day-to-day operations. The API is used by our Vue.js App written in Quasar framework which builds to a PWA, iOs and Android app.
We use Github, AWS and Laravel Forge to manage our deployments and codebase so dev-ops and CI work is already flushed out.
What you’ll be doing
You will add a subscription feature set that allows our members to make hotel bookings using credits instead of direct Stripe financial transactions. This will require adding an API controller, Nova management page, and modification to the Vue.js app. You will also be building an interface for members to purchase various subscription membership packages that include the credits needed to make bookings.
- Laravel 5.7 - RESTful API
- JWT Auth
- Vue.js 2.6
- Quasar 1.4 Framework
- Amazon AWS
- Laravel Nova
- Laravel Forge
What skills you’ll need:
- The desire to learn while perfecting your craft of designing, building and maintaining enterprise applications.
- Knowledge and/or experience with some of the following:
- JS Frameworks - Vue
- macOs - build tools (xcode / pods / ruby)
- Android Studio - build tools
- Laravel - All features including queues, broadcasting/web sockets (Laravel Echo), Active Record (eloquent), middleware, service providers, database migrations, etc.
- Laravel Nova - resource models, custom filtering, custom tools
- RESTful APIs
- API (session-less) authentication - JSON Web Tokens
- Relational databases, design & best practices - MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQL Server
- Web Servers - Nginx, Apache, etc
- Understanding of Travel Industry Booking Engines (desired)
- Ability to do front-end layout (not much design is needed)
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong attention to detail and proven ability to prioritize and scope work.
- Excellent logic, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Employment type: Contract / Contract to Hire
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org